Cafe racer riders. Do you get used to it?

Test rode a 73 honda cb750 yesterday. Wow is it a step back in time. I’m ok with it being much slower acceleration wise, but the slow brakes kind of scare me. Not to mention the handling.

However, I seldom ride my sportbike (06 636) because its not very comfortable. So I’m a fan of getting something more comfortable to ride, I’m just wondering if you get used to the brakes/handling/acceleration, and if it gets dangerous at times with those brakes.

I mean I know the difference with vintage vs newer, I have a 72 240z. but it’s a lot easier to get used to an old car for some reason

i love cafe racer bikes, i would love to build my own, but right now i dont have enough time or money to dedicate to one.

the answer is no.

They suck for a reason. They look cool but are dangerous.

Technology is not wine. It does not get better with age.

I look at it as a cruiser and a project. After this season I plan on retrofitting a modern front end with dual discs and finding some decent rear shocks though.

:lol:

They are hardly “dangerous”. Its only dangerous if you hop on and think its going to ride like a 636.

upgrade the brakes?

I’ve seen some old cafe racers retrofitted with newer components. I’ve heard they are a labor of love though. Breakdowns are not at all uncommon.

my 74cb550 is supppper ghetto and i love it. Christ, it doesn’t even have front footpegs and the front brakes don’t work. But i ONLY cruise around on it slowly.

LOL nice

i think i might just wait til I can afford a newer triumph, they make some pretty hot bonnevillles nowadays

http://auctionpix.co.uk/users/vlv1289710.jpg

anyone know if any of the new royal enfield remakes come with modern brakes?

http://i7.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/f0/25/360e_12.JPG

I wish norton would just come out with their new bike already, but that shit would probably be like 20k anyways

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/images/961/961_05.jpg

monster 920 is another option for down the line

dre hold off for a triumph those are dope!

i ride jaywonch’s 78 suzuki 850 all the time and compared to his 01 r6 its a lot diffrent but you’ll get used to it. i just take it super easy heh

him and i switched today. it was weird to ride his, but it was even weirder to get back on mine.

save your money and get a monster. <3

85 or 86 GS1150 … thats what i learned how to ride … a TRUE sport bike …

or you can really get the pimp bike … 83 GS1100E … first and best year for the can-a-tuna

lol i dont think i want any of those

why ??? too much bike for you …

haha pretty sure my current bike is faster than all dems

You must ride the 1150 … being only a 5 speed i would usually top out at 130 … that was before i slapped on my 52t rear

but stock sprocket it would pull the front wheel in 3 gears (jetted and filters) it had almost 100ft lbs

hm. if i ever come across one I’ll try and get some seat time

I have been trying to find another for about 2 years …

almost all have been jacked of their motors … all pro-stock suzuki drag bikes run the 1150 case