New toy!!

1978 Honda CB750K

Just picked up this guy today off my dads friend for a good deal. Trailered it home.

New parts already installed when I got it:
-Battery
-Fork seals
-Carbs just cleaned
-Points and condensor
-Throttle cable
-Front brake pads

To be road worthy:
-Front tire
-Rear tire
-Fix horn
-Front brake line
-Adjust valves, slight tick
-Plugs
-Chain

-New front tire was layin around

-Need a new side piece, it’s cracked, and poorly fixed.

To do in near future:
-Remove sissy bar
-Make 4-1 header (4 ugly mufflers, too quiet lol)
-Cafe racer seat/pan with frenched in tail light
-Different mirrors for sure…
-Maybe smaller turn signals

As it sits, I am focusing on getting it ready to ride. Rear tire is off gettin mounted and balanced, and I will be picking up a brake line as well. Thats the start of tinkering for now. Ill keep you all updated with progress!

Nice bike for sure. Looks reasonably clean too, aside from that cracked up side cover. A set of flatter handlebars would probably go pretty nicely with your mild cafe racer type mods.

Why did everyone put sissy bars on in the 70’s?

The 75 KZ400 I have also had one.

Thank you! I was thinking of just flippin and reversin the bars. But then again a set of clubman bars is cheap lol. I dunno about the sissy bars haha, my brother just got a 1980 xs650 and hes got one, he also wants to get rid of it lol. Off to pick up the tire and brake line!

Nice bike! A co-worker of mine has a '76 I believe that he’s been restoring over the winter. We actually just lifted it up the stairs out of his basement into the garage, not fun even with 3 guys lol.

haha yea, the bike is deff heavy!
New Dunlops! Time to start cleaning everything!

Yesterday I changed the plugs, adjusted the valves and points. It now runs like a dream and starts up with a touch of the button. Also put the rear tire back on the bike and adjusted the chain, I then noticed its tight, and when I spin the wheel, its loose in a different position. Time for a new chain. I ordered a SS braided front brake hose today. Todays plan is to put the front tire on the rim and probably some more tinkering…

Nice. I had an '81 CB750K it rode like a Cadillac.

keep us updated!!! nice bike

The bike weighs like 550lbs. My brother rides an '82. Awesome choice!

Soo this morning got a bit accomplished. First off my dad and I changed the front tire. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be with only some pry bars haha.

After that… time to ride her up and down the road. Sooo much fun so far. Mid ride, we adjusted the clutch cable. It grabs alot better now. The horn works sometimes, we checked wires its got power and ground. I think the battery needs a charge since it isnt run much.

Some tedious tinkering… air tool, buffer, rubbing compound and nevr-dull.

BEFORE

AFTER

EDIT: I forgot, I ordered a SS braided brake hose from slingshot-cycles.com this morning for $40!

looks like another project buddie
I would rock the shit outa that thing ahah

this thing is begging for a tank and seat combo from benjis cafe racer…

Brake hose is in, looks awesome. I can’t wait to slap it on in the morning. Also got the new tail light in. Just waiting on the seat pan. Next is turn signals.

Nice! Looks like its in good shape. I’m looking to do a cafe build this winter with a 750 (so original I know…).

Front brake hose is on the other day, looks so good. I rode up and down the street for a little bit. Still waiting on the chain, Im getting ancy. Thats the last thing to put on before I put it on the road. The seat pan should also be in sometime soon, along with gas tank hold down rubber I needed.

nice i like it a lot…needs bars first

http://www.cb750cafe.com/

I’ve been on that site quite a bit. Lots of good stuff!

CHAIN IS IN!!! Gotta wake up early and slap it on. The hopefully ins and dmv :slight_smile:

i still think you need a setup from this site…

http://www.benjiescaferacer.com/home.html