CAI question - is that supposed to happen?

hey,

ive got a cold air intake installed and i just wondering if it’s ok for my filter to get wet? Ive got a by pass valve, but i just looked at the filter last night and it was soaked, but the by pass valve was dry. Ive got a plate of some sort blocking the filter from all the water from actually hitting the filter, but it still gets wet…

is this normal or should i just take it off before i suck up water?

thanks

i dont think there enough vaccum to suck up puddled ammounts of liquid water

water vapour, yes

but some guys spray that into there intake tracts anyways to cool the combustion chamber. it does not combust and exits the exhuast as normal, howeevr, its less room for a combustable air/fuel mix.

cooler motor, but less power

water vapur exiting the exhaust also helps with better emmissions as it would tend to help purify up nitrogen oxides i beleive, and if you can reduce nitrogen oxides, your really lowering your emmisions

these are my immediate thoughts, im sure theres something im overlooking

that’s what i was assuming…if the filter was soaked but nothing happened, i figured it was normal cause what do you expect if the filter is right near the ground, its going to get wet, but i just wanted to make sure on it . than ks!

anyone else got any more input?

careful … you dont want your motor to get hydrolocked.

just buy some aluminum sheet from ct

its easy to manipulate, you can cut it with scissors.

build yourself a nice little splash gaurd to avoid getting it soaked in the future.

I’ve heard of people poppng their heads from hitting puddles. Be careful cover it up somehow.

i think im going to do that …i have a kind of skid plate thing atm, but its not enough because its getting soaked! im going to build some sort of box for it!

thanks