Calgary Expansion

Hey all,

Well, I setup the Calgary section of the forum, and in 5 minutes, 3 guys signed up. Weird. I guess all they needed was a little motivation.

Perhaps in the future we will have an NECC Calgary Edition.

What do you all think?

more nissans = more fun

Thats gonna be awesome. Hopefully we can have things more organized up here before we make them an official part of our club. :slight_smile:

Sounds good maybe we could have a meet in Red Deer or sylvan lake during the summer …

Yeah yeah like a half way meet that would be awesome! :slight_smile:

Whoa, imagine 30 or more Nissans on the highway convoy style after the meet :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :shock: :wink: :!: :idea:

I think that it is an awesome addition.The only thing that I kind of have a problem with is that most of these Calgary guys,including boost infested the moderator, are not official NECC members.I know they are somewhat promoting the club but I just see it as us giving these guys a forum that we are paying for.Just my 0.02

Is there a calgary nissan club already? I may be wrong, but a necc chapter in calgary would be awesome…Maybe some day we could have our headquarters in Quebec… :lol: Watch out Hells Angels!

You have a point, but it’s hard to justify their membership fee if all the events are in Edmonton. Maybe they can buy an associate membership at a reduced rate? At least until they have enough members to organize their own events.

Once they all become Official club members it would be better!! But for now to draw more attention to our club seems great!! The idea of a calgary meet or a halfway meet would be awesome. But don’t they have a Friday night Drift ngiht or something down there?? That would be awesome to enter in (Once I get my tubro charged engine). I know once that happens I would be entering for sure!!

Well, I understand where you’re coming from Scott.

I feel that having the Calgary chapter will help promo the club huge, as you can see the large spike in the number of registered users in the last few hours.

Also, Calgary is a city, not a company, so by us giving Calgary a forum we are only helping the NECC and no one else. Why make them pay? They are members of the public just like any other person registering on the forum and chattin, they just happen to be in another city. They’re chattin on here just the same as anyone else. Plus, we were never an “Edmonton only” kinda club, and I’m very open to having people from all over the place. Once they have some sort of benefit to actually becoming “Members” like a sponsorship and events and such, they will want to pay for the membership. They can fire up their own sponsors in Calgary too if they wish, and have membership cards and such as well.

^^What Aaron said. They have to come up here to get discounts because there are no places down there yet that are our sponsors. Untill then, they shouldn’t have to pay and can chat all they want on here. Go Calgary Go

I agree. They can’t get their stickers, discounts, come to meetings, or any of that up here, so I don’t think they should pay for stuff that can’t get or participate in.

Unless someone wants to be the Calgary NECC rep and do what Aaron does, like hold meetings talk to sponsors…then during the summer we could have a few meets halfway, or here or in Calgary.

Yeppers, that would be sweet.

They sure have brought a lot of traffic to the boards lately.