Your Ideas are needed

Hey guys, the BoD wants to get some ideas form you for the 09 season. We are going to be working hard this winter to get ready for 2009. We have some plans in order but we want to hear from you. I posted this for the Paid Memebrs and got some responses so now I want to take it to those of you who are not memebrs but are thinking of joining.

Tell us what you would like to see for 2009. What you would like to be changed for 2009. Any ideas for events you may have. Or anything else you would like to share. We will note everyone’s ideas and keep them under advisement for our next BoD meeting.

Remember there are no bad ideas. We want to make NECC even better than this year and would like your input, thanks!

Also, no car club can survive, succeed or get better without input and participation. It takes more than a Board of Directors to make NECC work.

Well I cant really put much input in since im a youngin and never been to any n-e-c-c events.
Show n’ shines are always cool.
I remember back when i used to goto v8less car shows there was n-e-c-c booths, do you guys still enter yearly?

N-e-c-c DRIFT EVENTS!!! YAAA …

…i kid i kid.

actual time attack / solo events. . .?

I enjoy the bbq’s at hawrelak. . .

n-e-c-c project go-kart powered by ka/rb/sr/vq?

These are great ideas guys, let keep them coming. Please let us know if there are any events in 2009 that would be beneficial for the club to participate in as well.

edmonton grand prix! lol

That would be cool if we could get on the paddock area…hmmm…

PLease feel free to add your thoughts to this subject.

Calgary dyno day at autodream!! =)
and any and calgary events cruises would be nice as well.
we need a bigger support for the calgary nissan scene to be supported and viewed by necc (if that makes sense?) but you get what i mean

We need a contact/BoD Member set up from calgary to make this work. If you or anyone else would like ot step up and be that person we are more than willing to do more stuff in Calgary.

ya i think most of my ideas have been put down already more track events and a stronger calgary end…which isnt much for me to say cuz iam in edmonton…

but if we could get enough ppl iam down for sanj’s idea about a drift day…or 2…haha

I am willing to head the Calgary front. I know how hard it is as everyone seems to be busy (or have a stick shoved up their…) and trying to make it in Calgary, which in itself can be a challenge.

I have thought about going up to Edmonton for a couple events but due to funds/ finding a place to stay and all that jazz it wasn’t worth it for just me to go. Plus 3 hours on the road sucks by yourself.

How about more halfway meets between to two cities? That way we can show some love for the central Alberta people as well.

Day trip to Banff or the rockies would be a fun place. And an awesome place for pictures.

Oh and if it seems I’m not on here a lot, Ryan (MrRage) knows where I frequent and I’m not hard to contact.

on the Toronto Nissan Club forum we had a “lend a hand program” section. I made a lot of great friends doing motor swaps and 5-speed swaps.

that forum was also a lot more involved with the model specific forums like GTRC, Son240sx.ca, GTASentra and Twinturbo.net
we would have weekly TNC meets and several large meets throughout the summer that were posted in model specific forums. at one point we had a meet that was well over 100 cars, all nissan. obviously Edmonton isnt near the size of Toronto, but the idea is still there and smaller community is all the more reason to stick together.

the most important thing is to have a weekly meeting spot at an inexpensive resteraunt or something. if people know there’s going to be people there at a specific time every week then they will start showing up. me and my friends use to meet at this bubble tea place all the time.

ya id be willing to be a b.o.d rep for cgy

I like the Lend A Hand Section. I will talk to Ryan and the others about putting up a section on the forum. As for collaborating with other forums, we are going to be working on that in the new year. I am sure everyone feels the same way, that the import scene in Edmonton has died down quite a bit since V8Less has been gone. It would be nice to revitalize this in the new year.

AnonK & Turbo200, Send me a PM with your real names and contact info. I will then get in touch with the other BoD Members and get the Calgary side up and rolling again.

Yeah drift day would be sweet!!! It would be even better if we could get the namao track for drifting!!! that would be pure pimmpness!!

And sorry but I would really like to see some better tracks for your autocrosses. I had bald front tires last time anyways but there was no flow to your tracks…It was just turn turn turn tunr it seemed soo slow and almost awkward. I remember the first time I went to a Necc track day at namao they lengthened the course and added a little more speed by having less random turns and more flowing turns that were spread out more the track you made would have been cool for go karts or something lol the lambo couldn’t even fit through the damn pylons you set up. It would be nice if you had flowing turns I know you have sspeed limits you can’t exceed but how cool would some higher speed turns be. Not just dead stops of turns which almost felt like U turns.

I will help set up the track if you let me and I am sure everyone would be alot happier. If not then I tried.

Make some drift events. Like battle it up, but on a lower scale.

I was thinking about the drift events, I am not sure if we would get a decent turnout. We had a lot of drifters on NECC but they all left to Driftwest. Do you guys think we would get a good turnout to an event like this?

NO

i dont see why not, although most of us are on driftwest, we’re still on necc. Drift day FTW!!!