.....so..... what happend to this fourm?

So, as a long time member of NECC I’ve seen this forum at its apparent high point… maybe its winter… maybe not… but I’ve noticed that a lot of the old normal posters and helpful people have been replaced by a less friendly and less helpful group of posters… I heard something happened and the site was down for like 4 weeks and thats why it looks like crap and a lot of the people haven’t come back…

anyone care to discuss?

It has a little to do with the fact that its slow because its winter…and because the site went down and some other stuff. I have noticed an increase in posted even in the past few weeks…its getting warmer and people are coming out of their dens.

We are working on a new site format as we speak. this set up right now is a temp fix. Once the new look is here we will be asking for thoughts and suggestions as to what you like/dislike.

As for the older users leaving, im not too sure. People move on with their life and might not have as much free time.

Look for big things this summer :smiley:

I’m getting impatient :slight_smile: Would like to know about membership and other details

I rarely post on here cuz most people are stupid.

However the forum i’ve graduated toward’s it seems is getting stupid to.

I guess stupidity follow’s me.

:lol: nice… well I donno… I’m not pointing fingers or anything just after I started posting again most of the threads I’ve read seem to have a quite a bit of hostility mixed in with them… aren’t car club forums supposed to be places for people to ask stupid questions and get the right answers?! just my opinion I guess…

After Tokyo Drift came out the stupidity increased… a lot… everyone with a civic thinks they can drift bla bla bla its been said b4… but I guess I’ll wait for summer… and see if things change…

:?

You will never get away from the retards/flamers/pessimism unless you make your forum completely private. Otherwise I would get use to it, it’s not going away unfortunately :slight_smile:

The question is, what are you looking for in a forum? Do you want to shoot the shit with fellow car addicts? Are you looking for strictly technical info? It’s hard to get what you want nowadays.

Good point indeed… I always thought that 780tuners was the site to go to for bashing people for being a bit on the handicapped side, not here. :lol: :lol:

Honestly, it is hard to find quality information on the web. For instance, I have been frequenting 3-4 Nissan sites to get info on my car, B16 Sentra, and it is filled with nothing but stupid questions and shitty answers. I don’t understand why someone would ask a question about their car running shitty, rather than go into a mechanic to get a REAL answer? That always perplexes me and they want an answer “right now” WTF?!

And you would think that my car being over a year old there would be some quality posts about DIYs, parts, etc. Umm ya, its like trying to find the sexiness in a 400lb woman. It ain’t happening.

So ya, like yourself, I am frustrated as well. There is far too much BS and garbage in places where all you want to do is talk cars, see some innovative stuff done by weekend mechanics & hobbyists and to have intelligent conversations free from smart ass remarks and losers just looking for a fight or to boost their post count.

The club started before the forum. The forum was and is only supposed to be a tool for use to talk tech, share pics, ideas, meeting info etc.

If anyone would like too, please go back to the beginning (April 2004) and search through different threads. Its amazing how things have changed. We all start out “stupid” but we do not all start at the same time.

I hope you don’t think I was flaming this site :slight_smile: Because I wasn’t. it was merely a rant on the other sites I frequent. This Forum is alright, it’s just pretty dead right now and what I am most interested in is the Club aspect. I wouldn’t mind getting more information and join in on some meets to see how you guys roll :smiley:

i have to agree with the wutang kid on that one… :shock:

I wish I was still a kid… :lol:

hehe dont we all…anyways…thinking of moving to calgary(mainly for the race/cruise scene and job opertunities,because lets face it regina isint good for anything with cars unless you like cavaliers, mustangs and civics,), its kind of unfortunate to see the site dying. and the car scene,shops and mechanics just flat out sucks in regina (minus a couple nicley done up cars here but even those cars are still nothing compared to the big city of calgary)

my memberships ran out, (I think) so I’ll have to renew. And I’ll add I wasn’t trying to bash the site either with the original post. Only to point out the noticeable amount of hostility towards people asking questions.

Yes, taking your car to a shop to get a PROPER answer is a good idea… it’s also an idea that costs between 50-100+ dollars an hour when the problem could potentially be something small and fixable by someone just simply replying “Oh ya, I had that problem too… here’s how I fixed it…” Or “here’s a link to a good DYI or walk though on your problem”

It’s a car site Google is your friend, but sometimes letting someone answer your question isn’t always a bad thing…

I guess what I’m getting at is Yes, It’s a forum… but its NOT 780tuners… stop flaming and start helping each other.

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

I totally agree with you.

The whole club including the forum is in the process of restructuring everything : Website, sponsorship, events and memebrship. Alot of the problems that happened with the forum were due to the launching of driftwest. People always think things are greener on the other side and typically end up being imature and being jackasses.

Most of the people that dont or didnt want to be here have left. The base of supporters may be different this year. This will occur whether it is mostly new people that are interested in the club or whether its a mix of new poeple and senior members that used to be a great part of this club and have decided to pull their heads out of their asses .

Realize that we are small community as is and breaking it up by bashing one another doesnt get us anywhere.

Events and meet should be happening sometime in late April after it warms up and the cars come out.

Yah i dont know what happend to this forum, it sucks though it was really really good when i first started going on here. Then it went down, not alot of ppl came back, Then people turned into forum ‘pros’ and started dishing out a whole lot of asshole answers to newbies and well just about any topic. there should for sure be a newb section, because face it pretty much everyone was a newb at one time or another.

and whats the harm is asking dumb questions, whats dumb to you may be new shit to someone else! i hate people who get on forums and power trip because they are hidden on the internet; its pretty homo.

i dont even own a nissan anymore, but i still love them and would visit this site alot more if there was more going on besides bashing and for sale stuff. but i hope it comes back that is for sure.

it happens to every forum you go one there will always be a group who will bash people for something they dont know…i would love to see them ask a question and then give them a stupid answer…or why not ban them from the site when they give a stupid remark…thats why i left a year and a half ago when i joined

You’re going to run into noobs, jackasses, nerds, elitists etc etc. no matter what forum you go to. . .

I see a lot of people posting on here but very few that come to events like bbq’s or track days. Says a lot about support when you’ve got the same couple of people busting their asses for something and the turnouts are shitty.

I haven’t been posting here lately cuz i’m doing an insane amount of research to get my car going. . .

Anywho, I’m awaiting the new plans for this year!

Ya, I’m kind of excited about the new launch… whens it happening?