NECC

Everyone is saying NECC sucks, full of noobs and shit getting edited bla bla bla. People need to stop typing in shit that doesn’t belong they’re. Stick to the topic and don’t wonder off to some BS that doesn’t make sense or belong there. I don’t know how people make a forum suck. Its common sense to not post what doesn’t belong there.

I don’t know about you guys but im getting tired of going on 10 forums to check my PM’s when everyone just posts the same shit in every forum. Drift west is good yes but common. Maybe 2 years from now drift west will be full of the same BS that we have going on here.

Like common. Be part of the solution not part of the problem!!!

uhhh I just hate beyond.ca

I want it to be OK to say, “no I dont obey the laws of the road”

People need to realize this is a enthusiasts forum for ALL Nissans. Weather people are noobs or whatever… If you met me 6 years ago I knew nothing about cars. I used to ask dumb questions all the time… I had so much neon I should of had 2 batteries running it all. But it was the only way to learn. I didn’t have forums like this and I’m glad I’m a member on this forum and I am always willing to help out members.

Everything goes to shit in the winter always anyway.

Plus some people need to be reminded that they aren’t on JDM dorifto mad wicked tyte Zilvia when they are here.

As much as I like to bash retards and n00bs, 95% of the time I type out some insults, I just hit the back button instead of submit.

I must agree with you Allen.

We realize that you can never please everyone and I hope fellow members will see that we are only trying to do our best as mods and/or board members. When there is a problem, whatever it maybe, there is a method we go about to try and resolve the issue. We weigh out both pros and cons and come to a conclusion that would be best for the club and its members.

We dont delete posts and ban people for the fun of it. There will always be rules and there will always be people who break them or don’t agree with them.

Just rememer, this club is for built by us, for us. If you dont agree or like something, or if you have suggestions or ideas for the club, we are always open to hearing them.

Thanks for your understanding and for supporting NECC with your business Allen. Best of luck for 2007.

While I agree with you somewhat Allen, my reference to shit getting edited was not stuff that doesn’t belong. They are always comments/opinions. Apparently I wasn’t allowed to have those since someone made a new account at my house and said stupid shit on it. Since then a whole bunch of my posts were simply deleted. I’m not a noob to forums. I know how they work. Let’s just say N-E-C-C is run a bit differently. A bit more strict I guess?.. I like to joke around, and it doesn’t seem like that is welcome here at all. I’m no different in person. I’m sure I’d get along with everyone in real life, but it honestly seems like this site is run by a bunch of 60 year old men sometimes.

I’ve got absolutely no problem with other Nissans. By noobs, I mean people who refuse to search the internet for answers. There are other, much more informative, forums around. It seems many people have failed to realize this still.

I’m the same, except sometimes I like to hit the submit button. I’m not a very serious person which may be why I don’t agree with the way the site is run.

What’s your beef with Zilvia? You seem to mention it a lot. Someone make fun of you there or something? It’s a great forum. Tons of info. Cool members. Good for sale forum.

Makes sense in theory. I guess I like to ignore or bend the rules from time to time. I just feel that it’s a local forum so guys should be cool with some jokes here and there. It’s the internet. It doesn’t need to be taken so seriously.

Just rememer, this club is for built by us, for us. If you dont agree or like something, or if you have suggestions or ideas for the club, we are always open to hearing them.

WERD!!!
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7806/bufuvy6.jpg

I’m pretty sure this is my first time dogging Zilvia here. I may be wrong though. I’ve never had a problem with Zilvia, I just don’t like the vibe there. Then again, I have yet to find an S-chassis forum that I do like. Maybe a mix of NICO and Freshalloy would be my favorite.

It is hard to tell when someone is joking on the internet though. Unless you actually know who it is you’re joking with.

Just remember it is the posters who make all the content on this forum. Therefore if you think it sucks… you probably have something to do with that. Each one of us has the power to make is better or worse.

Yes, there are a lot of “noobs” here, but we have to remember we were all new to this once. I know if people jumped all over me and called me a ricer, etc. I probably wouldn’t be involved today. Luckily for most of us, NECC was very inviting.

I just want it to remain that way. The people that are “noobs” today will learn and if we don’t frighten them away, they will be there to continue this club on once its core members move on.

I’ve clearly been the scapegoat for all the moderating issues with this board, but I stand by anything that I have done. We have to have rules. Have you guys ever visited a completely unmoderated forum? It’s gross. But on the other hand we don’t want to have a really strict forum either. It’s a delicate balance and we are still trying to perfect it. If something happens that you don’t like, tell us in a civilized fashion. Making bitchy threads and getting all pissy about it just makes the entire problem worse.

I have a suggestion/question about the “noob” situation.

Why don’t we create a category for basic tech questions? On ka-t.org this seems to work well. It can be a place where noobs can ask simple questions without fear of being bashed. Also if people that don’t like seeing all the noob questions just don’t go in that category I think a lot of the bashing will stop. We could create a for Dummies sticky to help them on there way to understanding there new hobby.

Here is a link to that category:
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=a76905aaf1c6c197c74a68b82bb2e725

The problem is all the noobs just expect people to answer their questions so they dont bother searching EVER!!! This pisses people off when they see the same question come up 5 times in one week, or see a thread created right under a sticky with the answer.

I stick to the big forum for tech info because this forum is currently clogged with 18 year old retard questions.

A very good suggestion, IMO. Since this forum is relatively new and lacking in tech info compared to bigger sites, I could see that as being beneficial.

I don’t think we have gotten to that extreme of a point yet. And I hope we don’t. Other than the occasional “does anyone know how to swap an SR into an S14” post, we are pretty good.

Unfortunately, like I said before, we don’t have the copious amounts of tech info that the other boards have, so searching isn’t always effective here.

If we had a beginner forum, the senior members wouldn’t have to answer the basic questions that sometimes seem like common sense.

There will always be new guys with “those same old questons”. I see it on almost every forum I go on…Most repuitable sites point the guy in the right direction. A few sites have what (imtired) pointed out. A nice basic tech section. Here is another example from nissan customs: http://nissancustoms.com/viewforum.php?f=2
You wouldnt believe how many people go on there and ask "how can i fit escalade rims on my truck. Because the info is on the site, I dont even bother looking at the guys thread. I know someone else will give him the link. Problem solved. I dont read stupid noob shit, and he gets his answer.

We can definatly work on that here. One thing that is a little different here is that there isnt one type of vehicle being talked about so the sticky list can get alittle long. I think a simple reno job in the tech/fwd/rwd sections would go along ways.

This however will not solve the ramdom negative posts towards, say some guy who is building a rb powered 240, or someone who talks pics of his skyline b4 he puts her away for the winter, or a new member who has a black skyline…the list goes on.

Awesome suggestion!

yeah i was going to say something like that. Sites like ka-t.org which have tech forums divied up are for 1 engine really, the ka. Here there are not just many different types of nissans, but engines as well. . .

i’d be up for a little revamping of the site in terms of section(s) dedicated to tech. . .

internet is 95 percent bullshit

and 63.25% of all statistics are made up :anal

But evenwithin this forum there are places to joke and place to get some help

so why dont we everytime that we search something on another site either reference it here, and what i mean by that is put a description on the thread so when u search it finds it or copy the contents so that the search does work. That way we can build a more solid database for us to use, thats my sugestion.

im still a noob but if the senior become total ***holes towards us then screw it i would just go to another site, i personally like necc and thats cause im not telling ppl off so i dont get banned, but i guess the mod could be a little more forgiving but i agree that if it starts to get out of control …mod’s… TRANSFORM…lol