NECC Represents at the BBQ!

Absolutely fucking NOT!!!

What the hell happened?

I’m am royally pissed off right now. We have 103 registered users on the forum, which everyone should have recieved an email about the BBQ, and 25 paid members for the club. And we get 9 cars to show up at the midmonth BBQ???

PLEASE someone explain this one to me. The weather was about as good as we could ever ask for, and there was free food?

9 CARS?!?!?!?!?! WTF?

Last month there was like 25 cars. How in the hell did only 9 grab the balls to actually show up to todays?

I am UNBELEIVABLY pissed off right now, and extremely disappointed in the NECC for their show of club commitment today.

I’m sure there was a share of you that had plans and what not, and thats fine. And I appologize for my freaking out, but I know that there are a hell of a lot of guys that usually show up to meetings that didn’t even stop by, or let us know on the forum that they weren’t going to come etc.

I feel even worse for those people that DID show up. They probably removed some other plans that they could have done, and rather wasted their evening coming down to the BBQ expecting to see some cars. No wonder half of them showed, took one look, and left.

I feel even worse for nissanZ32. I feel real bad. He hauled out his BBQ, propane, condiments, all 60 hotdogs, 40 buns, tongs, lighter, pop etc from Spruce Grove, and 9 peeps show. My god.

I appologize for those those of you that came, and felt that it was a waste of an evening. I’m very pleased with you all, and thanks once again.

Now don’t get me wrong. I know that the NECC is no where near high on peoples priority lists and all, and no one said that you HAVE to come to these gatherings. It’s just that I’m more disappointed than pissed, and I would have thought that more people are actually more interested in this “Nissan Stuff”, and would have liked to come to Nissan gatherings and what not. I guess not. Should we not hold any more BBQ’s/Mid month meetings? Should this club even exist any more? Am I wasting my prescious personal time I spent to create/maintain/organize/run this club? I feel as though I’m in some way responsible for this, because my lack of “getting people to come to the BBQ”.

Please enlighten me.

Incredibly Embarrassed,

Aaron

:frowning:

Yea I was really disappointed in the turnout as well. If your not commin just say so, no need to say you’ll be there and no show up.

That’s exactlythe point.If you can’t make it that’s fine no big deal, just please say something so that we aren’t expecting you to come.I ended up having to throw out a LOT of food.It pisses me off that I went out and spent my own money to buy more food that just ended up in the trash anyways.I agree with Aaron if people don’t want to start doing this stuff maybe it is time to call it quits.I don’t guys just something to think about.

P.S Thanks to everyone who showed up(doubledown,1mns13,srburg13,tylerh,quintessence,phat240,lynlyn and her brother and Aaron’s buddy Jay in the beast)If I missed anyone I am terribly sorry.

Sorry I couldnt make it. I have been covering shifts for my old boss and my old supervisor who quit to go to a competitor and have been working non-stop. Sorry I couldnt be there, I hope there is a much better turnout next meeting.

If you go back and look in the planning thread, 4 or 5 people said they weren’t going to make it anymore, with another handful of people saying they would be showing up late, if at all. Having said that, a 9 car turnout shouldn’t come as a shock.

I think the club is in its infancy and you have to be patient. There’s a number of glaring issues affecting attendance, and we should deal with them before expecting huge turnouts.

1. Timing. Aaron already mentioned no one is expected to see the NECC as high priority, so maybe planning events on Friday nights isn’t the best plan. The last NECC event I went to was on a Sunday, and we had a damn good turnout, I thought.

2. Club diversity. I think the overwhelming percentage of 240’s is making it intimidating for non-240 owners to attend (or possibly join, for that matter). Something to consider during the next Night of Stalking.

3. Show attendance. I realize no one wants to show off their car if they don’t feel it’s “show worthy”, so this will improve as the club grows, but I think we could still make a better effort when it comes to booths.

Come up with a list of things you’d like to see improve, and ways to make those things happen. The club has great potential, and I don’t think anyone wants to see it fold. So let’s start seeing some ways we’re going improve it from the inside out.

• Mike

im extremely sorry i was working on my car and a friends car… jus taking apart parts of his 240 for a turbo installation and by the time i remebered bout the meet it had already passed… :oops: Truly sorry wont happen again

I agree the turnout was poor. I feel it turned out fine because I had something to do, exercise wise. Throwing a ball or frisbee certainly works out very well to make the time pass. We definitely should have a turnout list before an event that is going to cost money. I know the NECC is not highest on all of our priority lists,which is why a turnout list would help then we who are going to show up can plan how long and what to do, rather than sit around waiting for those who will come when they can. Courtesy to all members so should be a concern for everyone. We need to have a plan and it will go no matter who shows. Like last year’s idea of mapped cruise route/spots so that people can join at differnt points. All in all, I enjoyed everybody’s company and the chance to burn some calories in teh summer heat. BTW My garage sale is going well, feel free to drop on by on Sunday.

Definatly agree with Jared’s point of making a list before an event such as the BBQ.Maybe next time we should do something like that

Actually we did do a list for the first BBQ meet and it worked out great. Although just because an individuals name may be on a list still doesn’t mean that they are going to be there “for sure.” They would be held in some respect accountable for not coming when they said they would. Don’t get me wrong I’m sorry to hear that there was a poor turn out and that Scott you spent your own money for extra food that was later thrown away. However like DoubleDown said, if you go back and look in the planning thread, 4 or 5 people said they weren’t going to make it anymore, with another handful of people saying they would be showing up late, if at all. Having said that, a 9 car turnout shouldn’t come as a shock.

I respectfully disagree with DoubleDown 2nd statement when he said that “…the overwhelming percentage of 240’s is making it intimidating for non-240 owners to attend (or possibly join, for that matter.” Personally, coming from a none 240sx owner, I believe if you’re really a Nissan enthusiasts (or any other car make) and you want to join a car club then you’ll join regardless of what the majority of the cars are, unless you have other issues with certain aspects of the club.

Anyways I think we are growing for the better, never the less we are going to run into some issues but thats a given. What doesn’t brake us only makes us stronger :wink:

Yup. Making a list and having everything organized and put together is a great idea. Now all we need is someone to spend their personal time doing it, and do it for a while, not just one time and then peeter off. Because sorry to say, it’s not going to be me. I don’t have to time for that. Anyone?

Aaron, I can do it.

I can also help out in the organization area of this club for meetings and other special events. I agree with Aaron and do not think that one person (him) should be doing all the organizing and planing for events etc. We have many new members and the work load is much larger for this club to prosper. I will gladly give my time and effort for this club in any way tha is needed.

Regarding the club’s attedence at last weeks BBQ, I believe that with the proper planning and meetings that are not routine, we will have a much lager attendence and people will make more of an effort to attend the clubs functions. From back in the spring when I joined the club, I have made an effort to attend all of the bbq’s and monthly meetings and what I have found is that although they are fun, they are almost always the same. In the summer, with many different activities to do, we should be looking at finding out what people would like to do before hand. The idea of having a dyno day/bbq is awesome!! I know that this is not all the oganizers fault because before every meeting, we brainstorm for different ideas and we always go back to what we did at the last meet. For those of you who have seen the necc meetings as just another activity to attend, THIS IS FOR YOU. Make sugestions!!! If you think that we shoud meet somewhere else or think that the meetings are boring SAY SOMETHING :idea: , don’t just not show up.

I feel extreemly bad for Aaron and all the other people who have given there time, money and effort in trying to see this club successed and I hope that this is a wake up call to those who have registered here.

Aaron, we will be having a monthly meeting and also a mid month meeting in August. Don’t give up :wink:

There is now an ideas thread in the Events section. Please throw any idea down for future events and we will discuss it. That is what this site is for pplz!!

Thank You All

I was at Indy in Vancouver …I would have been there otherwise

I too was about 2500km away in the Queen Charlotte Islands, otherwise I’d have been out.

I think this was just an unfortunate incident of lots of the people being out of town. I’ll be out for the next event though if work isn’t getting in the way. :smiley:

I went to the last NECC meet even though I was an hour out of town at my cabin …still came in for a few hours to see everyone … no need to yell Aaron

Yeah well, what can ya do.

I’m sorry i didnt show…I had to work…i feel increibly bad, because of the busy summer schedule of mine i’ve not been able to come to many of the meets or be apart of alot of the club events…

I will see what i can do…the other thing that i might suggest is plan the events a little sooner, because i’m not always on the computer, and have the time to check the site, if it gets planned right away, there is a chance that not only myself but other members might not have seen it at all…just a thought

I really enjoy being a part of necc even though i have not been thoroughly involved and i am going to make more time to get out to the meets and club events

SORRY AGAIN, :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was on another continent or i would have showed up. :smiley:

Absolutely fucking NOT!!!

What the hell happened?

I’m am royally pissed off right now. We have 103 registered users on the forum, which everyone should have recieved an email about the BBQ, and 25 paid members for the club. And we get 9 cars to show up at the midmonth BBQ???

PLEASE someone explain this one to me. The weather was about as good as we could ever ask for, and there was free food?

9 CARS?!?!?!?!?! WTF?

Last month there was like 25 cars. How in the hell did only 9 grab the balls to actually show up to todays?

I am UNBELEIVABLY pissed off right now, and extremely disappointed in the NECC for their show of club commitment today.

I’m sure there was a share of you that had plans and what not, and thats fine. And I appologize for my freaking out, but I know that there are a hell of a lot of guys that usually show up to meetings that didn’t even stop by, or let us know on the forum that they weren’t going to come etc.

I feel even worse for those people that DID show up. They probably removed some other plans that they could have done, and rather wasted their evening coming down to the BBQ expecting to see some cars. No wonder half of them showed, took one look, and left.

I feel even worse for nissanZ32. I feel real bad. He hauled out his BBQ, propane, condiments, all 60 hotdogs, 40 buns, tongs, lighter, pop etc from Spruce Grove, and 9 peeps show. My god.

I appologize for those those of you that came, and felt that it was a waste of an evening. I’m very pleased with you all, and thanks once again.

Now don’t get me wrong. I know that the NECC is no where near high on peoples priority lists and all, and no one said that you HAVE to come to these gatherings. It’s just that I’m more disappointed than pissed, and I would have thought that more people are actually more interested in this “Nissan Stuff”, and would have liked to come to Nissan gatherings and what not. I guess not. Should we not hold any more BBQ’s/Mid month meetings? Should this club even exist any more? Am I wasting my prescious personal time I spent to create/maintain/organize/run this club? I feel as though I’m in some way responsible for this, because my lack of “getting people to come to the BBQ”.

Please enlighten me.

Incredibly Embarrassed,

Aaron

:frowning:

Yea I was really disappointed in the turnout as well. If your not commin just say so, no need to say you’ll be there and no show up.