Your Ideas are needed

Like I said it would have to be somewhere different like namao where you could have oodles of room. Somewhere different would sell. And you would get a good turnout if it was just a practice fun event… If you start trying to do your own competitions it would probably fail.

I think convincing Namao to allow drifting would be a problem. Same with insurance and WCMA.

Off topic Q but, Why do you guys even charge for people to browse the forums? I mean it’s not like this forum is uber popular?..

Uhm…what?
We have never charged anyone for browsing the forum. I have no idea where that comes from. If we did. Man we would have some sweet stuff in the car club or we would have no club. We charge for a membership which includes, stickers, access to the members only area, discount on events and at our sponsors.

lmao please swipe credit card here to access “post a hottie thread”… i’m sorry sir you have reached your daily maximum, thanks for choosing necc. have a nice day

LMFAO! You know I think he’s on to something. Great suggestion for the future of the website! :lol:

Who needs sponsors or memberships to help pay for the site and club equipment, taxes, ect. when we can charge as you use! hahaaha

Yeah trying to get insurance for a motorsport event will be hard. Might ahve to check over your own insurance policy to make sure it’s covered.

I used to be a paid member I guess I just let it slip I might have to pay up again I dont really spend much time here likely due to not much G35/350Z info. I like the guys I enjoyed the few meets I went to. The Hawlek park BBQ sound like a good idea I will have to make an effort to get out more next year and bring more G35 guys with me. A few autocrosses would be good I liked the Lightspeed dyno day thing if more guy would have hung out longer and if they had a BBQ like planned it would have been a real good time.

team up with driftwest to put on some meets???

Have you ever been charged to browse this forum? Answer: no

Where did that come from?

No insurance policy (your own) will covers you for anything at a motorsport event. Crash your car or someone crash into you…no insurance.

WCMA’s insurance is liability insurance for the operators of the event. And WCMA’s policy does not cover drift events (or at least it didn’t).

Still doesn’t.

Most insurance policies can have different stipulations. And I’m sure that if you so desired you can ask your insurance company/ broker for coverage on Motorsports events and days. For a cost of course.

It was just a thought for people to realize how hard some of these events can be to put on due to the increase in risk and therefore the increase of cost.

I checked in to this, the only company in alberta to entertain Race insurance is Nordic. And guess what you PAY for it. It’s based on the value of the car nearly 25 % per year. No injury insurance though just vehicle damage.