NECC Member/Non-Member Survey results

Hey all,

To everyone that took time out of their day to fill out the surveys that were advertised earlier, thank you very much.

We’re going to make the full survey results available shortly, but in the meantime, I’d like to raise a few points that we discovered through the survey.

Members
A couple very nice things to see here. Two questions really stood out:

1. Is the NECC annual membership worth the $20 you pay?
    94% of respondents felt that the $20 was well worth the money.

2. Will you be renewing your membership?
    90% of respondents said that they would be renewing.

So from the board of directors to you, THANK YOU very much for your support. It is nice to know that the NECC members are so supportive of the club’s efforts.

Non-Members
Also a couple of points to raise here.

We asked “Will you become a member of the NECC in the future?”
90% of respondents said that they would join the club. So thanks to you that want to join us - I’d encourage you to do so.

One thing that was a little disturbing from some non-member comments was that a few people felt that you needed to pay $20 to be a member of the forums. This is not the case - no one will ever need to pay for use of our forums, except for specific cases in the classifieds section. Members do get access to a “member’s only” forum that is included with their membership, however the rest of the board is accessible for free to people who register a username.

We’ll be discussing a few more issues with you all, members and non-members alike, in the near future, so that we can all shape the direction that you would like the club to go in. To those of you that filled out the survey, thanks again. The full survey report will be made available shortly.

what about the other results?

In due time. Isn’t there a special someone cough12yearoldcough that needs your attention? :lol:

Glad to see so many people are happy with the club, I’m interested in seeing what people want for future events and the such.

See link below.

Further to what Kris said, the NECC is NOT just a web forum. It is an actual car club with actual events. A $20 membership fee is recouped after attending just two paid club events such as a dyno day or track day.

The survey results gave those in charge of the club lots of great information. Planning is underway based on your input…2006 looks to be an exciting year for NECC members. :bounce

really the only reason why i haven’t joined is the fact that nothing every happens in calgary. but that issue was already discussed

I think we would all like so see the club grow beyond Edmonton. Our challenge is that things started in Edmonton and the experience in running some of the events lies here…so we have to figure out how to transfer that knowledge to the Calgary crew.

Also, it was interesting to see in the non-member survey results how little interest there was from Calgary. I think it is a chicken and egg thing. If we had more things going on in Calgary then maybe there would be more interest in Calgary. On the flip side, if there was more interest from Calgary then there would be a greater incentive to do things in Calgary too.

We’ll have to work on this one. :rolleyes:

ouch dave ouch.

still better than kris and you :lol:

ouch dave ouch.

still better than kris and you :lol:[/quote]

lets keep the gay shit on off topic please.

Every thread should not turn into a gay war.

I am very happy with the results of the survey. Hopefully there are some events in Clagary this Year (race city if the track is still around) as i know i would be down for a trip every once and a while.

Well I never seen this survey… been a while since I was on the forum, but as for calgary interest, I knwo I’ve never been to a meeting yet, but that’s because of both bad timing and car issues, but also because I enjoy driving, and meeting in lot’s and checking out cars etc… the Red Deer Meet this year was an excellent exampleof what I enjoy. Going ot a pub or restaurant isn’t something I’m taht interested in. The Calgary meets kind of got off to a slow start I think this year but I think in spring 06 you’ll see a bigger response from Calgary guys.

True… Driving my car around with other N-E-C-C members is probably the best fun :partyman:

I think one of the best NECC times I had was the high speed cruise from Calgary to Edmonton. More Alberta Cruises would be cool.

Ok everyone, sorry for the delay!

Here is the report in its entirety, unedited. You will need a .pdf reader like Adobe Acrobat to view the results. See if those of you that filled out comments can read your own. :smiley:

Once again, thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey! :slight_smile:

You can either click the link to open, or right-click and save as.
www.members.shaw.ca/khassett/pages/NECC%20Membership%20Survey%20Results.pdf

Whoever posted that comment about people at the Red Deer meet being dissapointed about not going to Sylvan, you hit the nail right on the head. I was so pumped about the drive to the beach, and then kinda bummed that we ended up standing in a parking lot for like 4 hours. Especially since I had driven all the way from Lethbridge. Oh well.

So true. I was also pumped about that drive

I think a lot of people were, and that we made a big mistake by not scheduling times when we would arrive/depart and so on. We (the organizers) won’t make that mistake in the future.

Yeah you guys know that once people eat they don’t wanna do shit. :slight_smile:

But if you dangle the carrot they’ll go for hours.

Future order of priority:

• Drive to meeting place.
  • Greetings and hellos between guys from dif locations
  • A little, let’s see what’s under the hood chat
  • Big cruise to somewhere with lot’s of vids, cat and mouse and fly bys. :slight_smile:
  • BBQ or pit stop so everyone can fill their guts and then go home and sleep it off.
  • Post on forum how great time was for all.

:E

:werd: I’m just looking forward to next summer :E