California Sues Automakers

http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/20/news/companies/suit_automakers.reut/index.htm?postversion=2006092013

HAHAHAHAHA, What’s next, sueing mother nature for mudslides?

In all seriousness, they should be sueing every owner of every car, and the sueing themselves for allowing these cars to be registered if they want to take this route.

fuck CA

I would SOOOOOO love to see the automakers get together say, “OK, fine, we’ll stop selling cars in California, as well as parts for existing cars, every single one.” and then watch that worthless fucking state completely implode.

ny will be next…

wouldnt doubt it

way to read the article

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/iconeater/bttfh.jpg

i did, i think if CA get’s away with it, NY will be right behind.

thanks fuzzy will you be my co-driver…

People are retarded. Laws need to be changed in this country to stop all these stupid lawsuits.

quoted from a global warming Study :
"There are no experimental data to support the hypothesis that increases in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are causing or can be expected to cause catastrophic changes in global temperatures or weather. To the contrary, during the 20 years with the highest carbon dioxide levels, atmospheric temperatures have decreased.

We also need not worry about environmental calamities, even if the current long-term natural warming trend continues. The Earth has been much warmer during the past 3,000 years without catastrophic effects. Warmer weather extends growing seasons and generally improves the habitability of colder regions. ‘‘Global warming,’’ an invalidated hypothesis, provides no reason to limit human production of CO2, CH4, N2O, HFCs, PFCs, and SF6 as has been proposed (29).

Figure 22: Summary data from 279 published experiments in which plants of all types were grown under paired stressed (open circles) and unstressed (closed circles) conditions (66). There were 208, 50, and 21 sets at 300, 600, and an average of about 1350 ppm CO2, respectively. The plant mixture in the 279 studies was slightly biased toward plant types that respond less to CO2 fertilization than does the actual global mixture and therefore underestimates the expected global response. CO2 enrichment also allows plants to grow in drier regions, further increasing the expected global response.

Human use of coal, oil, and natural gas has not measurably warmed the atmosphere, and the extrapolation of current trends shows that it will not significantly do so in the foreseeable future. It does, however, release CO2, which accelerates the growth rates of plants and also permits plants to grow in drier regions. Animal life, which depends upon plants, also flourishes.

As coal, oil, and natural gas are used to feed and lift from poverty vast numbers of people across the globe, more CO2 will be released into the atmosphere. This will help to maintain and improve the health, longevity, prosperity, and productivity of all people.

Human activities are believed to be responsible for the rise in CO2 level of the atmosphere. Mankind is moving the carbon in coal, oil, and natural gas from below ground to the atmosphere and surface, where it is available for conversion into living things. We are living in an increasingly lush environment of plants and animals as a result of the CO2 increase. Our children will enjoy an Earth with far more plant and animal life as that with which we now are blessed. This is a wonderful and unexpected gift from the Industrial Revolution."

sorry forgot to add the refrerences.
its acually a pretty interesting report.

Baliunas, S. (1996) Uncertainties in Climate Modeling: Solar Variability and Other Factors, Committee on Energy and Natural Resources; United States Senate. Lindzen, R. S. (1995), personal communication.

Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (1997). Adoption of this protocol would sharply limit GHG release for one-fifth of the world’s people and nations, including the United States.

Idso, S. B. (1997) in Global Warming: The Science and the Politics, ed. L. Jones, The Fraser Institute: Vancouver, 91-112.

Wow, nice dude

taken from the original article.

:Automakers will need time to review this legal complaint, however, a similar nuisance suit that was brought by attorneys-general against utilities was dismissed by a federal court in New York," the industry group said in a statement.

I love the term “Nuisance suit”

<-- the ny attorney general being spitzer???

Are you serious?

Every reffernce you quoted is a DECADE old. There has been a major swing in the scientific community in the last ten years.

Are they going to sue Grandma Browns, Bushs’ and Cambells for their methane producing baked beans next?
What about broccoli growers?
I think all ozone gas reducing substances should be sued!!!
Are they going to sue all of the airlines too?
They should also sue Greenpeace for making petroleum based bumper stickers.
God should be sued for letting humans design the internal combustion engine.
I am going to bed because I just drove home wasted at WOT!
I should be sued by California!

I <3 global warming; longer summers, milder winters, what’s not to like?

[zack] bring that shit in [/zack]

One more post before beddy by…

California should sue OPEC for blatently making oil the cheapest way to fuel cars.
The car companies are just victims of OPEC’S sneaky tactics.

Sue OPEC!
Sue OPEC!
Sue OPEC!
Sue OPEC!

Come on, make a sign and join in!!!
It won’t do a fucking thing but it will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside!

OK one more drunken post…

Where the fuck is Bush and when are we invading the left coast?!?!?

A basic geo 106 class taught me this is all wrong. CO2 is a cause of global warming. Even factoring all kinds of climate variables. To drunk and lazy to get into details with out busting my old notes out.

And Law and Order taught me how to be a high powered attorney. Watch for me on CourtTV during the next huge murder trial. :smash2: