Happy Earth Day

or perhaps Fuck the Earth Day

(*NWS video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnh1m3jgjRY

Fuck the Earth. Drive a hummer. Pour oil on a duck.

I noticed on my calender it says happy earth day. Cool I work in the oil field hahahaha.

I drive an SUV…happy earth day.

I’m going to do a big smokey burnout on lunch, just for fun. If I can do it in front of a prius, so much better.

Some dude at work ran 15 miles to get here today…and to think I pussed out on the idea of biking in. He’s in his late 40’s, I’m 28…which makes me feel even worse about myself:(

The guy obviously doesn’t care about our planet. Running 15 miles makes you exhale a lot of carbon dioxide which has now been labeled a bad thing for the environment.:wink:

I was wrong, it was actually 20 miles. He was also carrying a bunch of aerosols can that at every mile he shot off in celebration.

I get 19mpg and left all the house lights on.

fuck earthday.

^^ lol @ the aerosol can thing

It’s ironic that he sarcastically says “If the earth was so warm, why was it so cold this winter?” because when taking into context geologic time, that’s the very same logic most global warming alarmists use to justify what’s happening to the planet right now. “If the earth wasn’t warming, why for the last 20 years does recorded data show it!” … because the earth has been around for millions of years and we’ve only been keeping records for for about 150 of those years…

If a volcano in Peru simply burps today, it will negate all of the “planet saving” actions anyone will do this earth day :tup:

I get 14 mpg and burn tires. fuck earth day.

I find it amazing that we are the cause of global warming, yet when a volcano erupts, it spews more co2 and greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than all the factories on earth combined could in 5 years.

There is no doubt we contribute to it, but in a geologically minor sense. We’re definitely not the sole cause or the source.

The problem is most people buy into the idea that though minor actions (like running to work) we will be able to stop or reverse climate change.

It makes for a great marketing platform though.

“Fucking liberal hippy faggots” :mamoru:

And there it is.

Al Gore has made millions right? Brilliant.
Ignore the 31000 scientists that are against the global warming hoax and listen to Al Gore.

While we are not the SOLE source of co2, using ice cores and other forms of data, we have about 100 more ppm in our atmosphere than we have EVER found dating back thousands of years. That guy running may not have a huge effect, but theres very simple stuff we could do in mass that would really put a halt to that increase of co2

Well there is talk now of taxing cows(farts).
GREAT now even farmers will have to compete with countries that have less of a strangle hold on business.
Let’s see how fast we can destroy every business in this country!

Oh very true indeed. I’m not saying we aren’t exacerbating the situation any, I’m sure we are, if even a fraction, but the liberal idiosyncrasy towards global warming is laughable. Look at Al Gore, his house uses more electricity and utilities than like 2 city blocks or some shit. Yet he is the first person to blame others saying they aren’t doing their part. Hypocracy what?

I think I will drive down a gear the whole way home today, ya know, burn some extra fuel.