Earth day '08

What did you do?

I bike into work, but not b/c of earth day. I cannot wait to plant some trees on the new land/ home next year.

PS- just thought does a small tree take in more Co2 and give off more o2, or does a large tree take in more Co2 and give off more o2, or does the size of the tree matter?

Yes size matters.

I put 70 bucks worth of gas into my SUV to carry myself and my brief case back and forth to work. I might kick a squirrel later.

Filling up with premium and driving my catless car through a forest.

Launched hard from every red light and stop sign on the way to work. Specifically went 3 blocks out of my way so I could run through 1st and 2nd going up Millersport.

And I took a swing at goose with my lunch bag, but he started it.

This was all before I even realized it was earth day though. Had I known I would have tried harder to hit the goose.

Since you asked…
Last weekend when most people were doing their Earth Day projects I was trimming some nasty, thorny, bushes/trees/brush along my driveway because they could scratch my car.
My neighbor comes over to ask me not to trim the locust trees because he likes them.
The first time I met the guy a couple years ago he asked me not cut trees as I was clearing for my driveway, etc.(existing driveway)
He moved out to East Aurora from Kenmore because he likes the nature and privacy.
He bought a house that has a driveway running next to it!!!
Why didn’t he buy more land if he likes privacy and nature?!?
He also told me he transplanted trees a couple years ago and pointed to trees on my property!!!
WTF?
Tree huggers are a bold bunch aren’t they?
I can’t imagine for one second going on someone elses property and asking them to stop cutting!

PS The trees are gone.:smiley:

guys everyday should be earth day :frowning:

Put some acorns or whatever in his mailbox with a note that says, “Plant your own trees, sir” or get him a fake christmas tree from the bargain bin at Walmart (if you can step inside one… :wink: )

That would be funny, poke some fake plastic trees(great song) in the ground for him to look at everyday.
After all, I have to drive by his half-assed rabbit cage or w/e it is and a life raft(?) and barking mut.

:clap:

Drove some old car that is non-recyclable, has no emissions control equipment other than a PCV that I’m pretty sure is clogged, polutes worse than a Suburban pulling an Excursion over a Titan, and averaged around 15 mpg. I even added some lead to the gas.

Reminds me of last year when I pulled alongside a Prius at Seven Corners. Had to rev it a little to keep the idle up. That guy gave me a look at would shrivel Lance Armstrong’s remaining testicle. Not too happy. I figured I was filling in for what he was saving, and it all averaged out. :wink:

Shit I was thinking about dumping my garbage in a creek today too since I forgot to put it out this week.

Same here, except subtract the briefcase and the 70 bucks was of 93, and starting with a quarter tank. My ID badge takes up a lot of room though. I also sprayed on the 33 to merge and avoid getting boxed in. Every little bit helps.

I’d burn it first. You’ll get more bang-for-the-buck.

Just pave a random patch of your yard for absolutely no reason. Make sure you don’t give him an explanation.

Someone throw some gasoline on some old tires and light that bitch up. That’s probably the best Earth Day ritual you can do.

Then draw a tree with green chalk.

i think a really bad reason is better than none at all. like “I got tired of not being able to walk on this patch with socks on”

Good idea, I will put it as close as legally possible to his house.
Maybe I will just have a load of asphault dropped in a pile instead.:lol:

Seriously though I have no interest in pissing this guy off, I just can’t beleive his requests.:bloated:

:lol:

uh, nothing wrong with plaNting trees- (but on some else land = yes)

Huh?