California to ban the darkies

Dr. DOS what color is your car these days?

The specific colors that are currently on the chopping block are all dark hues, with the worst offender seemingly the most innocuous color you could think of: Black. What could California possibly have against these colors, you ask? Apparently, the California Air Resources Board figures that the climate control systems of dark colored cars need to work harder than their lighter siblings
I wonder what FRACTION of a PERCENT loss there is between AC in a 5000lb black V8 benz versus a AC in a 5000lb white V8 benz

According to Ward’s, suppliers have reportedly been testing their pigments and processes to see if it’s possible to meet CARB’s proposed mandate of 20% solar reflectivity by 2016 with a phase-in period starting in 2012, and things aren’t looking good.
Brilliant. Shear brilliance.

:picard:

http://news.google.com/news?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=california+ban+black+cars&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=8SLMSef5ConnnQfb6JjcCQ&sa=X&oi=news_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Obviously there is NOTHING ELSE that CARB could be worrying about / spending time / money / resources on.

Read this earlier. lol.

Sometimes I feel like I’m living Atlas Shrugged. I am an engineer. I know how to make shit efficient. Get out of my way.

What a great thing to spend time and resources on.

I don’t think Towne BMW has sold any black e60 M5’s lately.

WHAT THE FUCK

+karma MPD.

and, for some scary reading… the PRESENTATION as HOSTED ON CARB’s .gov website:

In the revised words of Henry Ford, “You can have any color, as long as it is white.”

I see in the future we all drive white Tata hybrid cars :frowning:

The Govornata just saved Caliefonia from another sure threat.

Wait, this surely has to be a joke?

if it is not there is only one reasonable corse of action here, excommunicate California from the USA.

yea, must be a joke. harr harr

Won’t be long now. Once the southern San Andreas slips, hello California Island!

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/

Apparently there has been a lot of recent activity at a fault line that hasn’t moved in 300 years. :awdrifter:

LOL at you quoting yourself…

I think the only real issue at hand is the windows… or DARK interiors… not the color of the car itself.

edit: this presentation sucks btw! I hate when they put a bunch of numbers in but really don’t do anything more with it.

IE: A windshield with a Rdsof 30% will reduce soak temps by 4oC (4 degrees? in how long are we talking about baking in the hot sun? or just driving with the AC already on…)

But what about dark and medium skinned people? They must require more cooling in the summer as well.

Maybe if CA would stop letting in every Mexican illegal alien the savings in cooling would allow them to keep dark cars?

Just trying to come up with some comment as ridiculous as this proposed legislation.

or the real issue at hand gays… All the fragrances, and lubrication they use and they friction they create from butt fucking, now thats gotta cause quite the heating problem…

So no gay men fucking in the car?

I was quoting for the emboldened effect :wink:

And, no, they mention all surfaces including metal, plastic, CLOTH… you name it.

I REALLY hope this was one of those things where someone made a comment about black colored cars in passing and someone sprung up with “You know what? Why don’t we…” Because I would rather this be the result of a random “observation” rather then some study that they spent $millions on.

Either way, yea, I can’t wait for the Peoples Republic of Californication to float away…

white is better anyways

That is just fucking rediculous.

LOL at the gay men fucking in cars.

It’s the californian dictatorship coming in effect.

only a matter of time before only white gay people driving white cars can live there.

Its only better if they break off and float far away from here