Call out: Somedude

Get some GTPs in thurrrrr

Im in…even though mines ~technically~ a GT.

2 weeks should be good, i know we’ll both need a little time. Its hard to call out Alex, his motor = ~ 4x > his tranny. And I still need to get my shit registerd, inspected and tired and tuned up.

This is not gonna happen.

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:20,topic:36297"”]

^^^ yep, ive already started to make one at work …

its made out of 1/2 steel plate … ensuering its way to damn heavy to move fast … :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Start making some tranny parts out of that shit!! Maybe then they won’t break.

[quote=“somedude,post:12,topic:36297"”]

then I don’t have to worry about it because he will break before the race is over :rofl:

it will be a really close race. dos beat me by a half and he beat dos by a car I think. now i’m +3psi though so that might make the difference :slight_smile:

how does 2 weeks sound?

[/quote]

in the rain with no traction.

[quote=“DrDoS,post:25,topic:36297"”]

in the rain with no traction.

[/quote]

does that excuse even work? you are rear drive and rj92 is front drive. :lol:

edit: fine then call him out for a rematch…

People still bring up DoSs car??

The fucking thing was out for a week before it blew up…and it wasn’t even fast…

Ron, everytime you say you’re NA you annoy the fuck out of me.

Just becuase i’m running Meth isn’t that un-natural :snky:

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:4,topic:36297"”]

calling out a broken car is like challenging a midget to a proper boxing match

:stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Calling out a broken car is like, challenging a one leg man to an ass kicking contest!:pimp:

Well, it kind of works out for the person with the broken car as well. They accept the challenge and can still take however long to get the race done, because there car was broken…lol

my tranny still holds 8psi of boost before it slips. no biggy i’ll just be down 50whp or so, so i’ll give rj92 my extra groceries. maybe i’ll pore sand in the transmission so the clutches have something to grab onto haha.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:27,topic:36297"”]

People still bring up DoSs car??

The fucking thing was out for a week before it blew up…and it wasn’t even fast…

[/quote]

FYI DoS was teh only person that both me and RJ92 raced so it is the only comparison we have.

[quote=“somedude,post:32,topic:36297"”]

my tranny still holds 8psi of boost before it slips. no biggy i’ll just be down 50whp or so, so i’ll give rj92 my extra groceries. maybe i’ll pore sand in the transmission so the clutches have something to grab onto haha.

[/quote]

slightly OT: How hard is it to swap for the manual from '89?

[quote=“eesti,post:34,topic:36297"”]

[/quote]

It would be a pain in the ass. Besides there wouldn’t be much benefit. THE MTX IVs were suspect too. Particulary the diff pin then 3rd gear. He would need about a $3000(Quaifed, rebuilt, cryoed, and shimmed) manual to perhaps one costing as much as $6k(all those other + custom $4500 gear set) to hold the kind of #'s he’s looking to put down.

[quote=“eesti,post:34,topic:36297"”]

[/quote]

I did the swap to my '93 atx and after having gone through it can say that if I were to do it again it wouldn’t be that difficult…it would be on the same level of swapping a transmission, just installing mtx specific components versus atx components. Now, obviously there are a few other details like pedal, shifter, motor mounts, etc…but that would account for maybe one extra afternoon of work.

Now, to Ron’s point…the mtx’s are garbage when it comes to trying to hold any power.

Now, to Ron’s point…the mtx’s are garbage when it comes to trying to hold any power.

its the truth. they start breaking around 350whp

Do you think you’ll be 100% before the end of the season?

no, hopefully I can get the PCM to work with me a crank the shit out of the line pressure to get the clutches to hold for a few runs. once clutches are burn’t/glazed they are done for.

Do it