Calling out the f-body guys

well guys i live on grand island and was wondering if any of the f-body guys could help me out this week, i am home on leave (NAVY) and just picked up a 99 camaro SS well their appears to be a rear end leak (pinion oil seal) well we were thinking the best way to fix this without sending it to the shop is to just go ahead and throw some new gears in there and fix seal while we are at it. But the problem is my step dad has only done a gear swap once and i have never done one, so we were looking for someone who could lend a helping hand with this, we have i think every tool needed here and tons of space to work with. i would be willing to pay for gas and maybe a little extra. If someone who has done a gear swap a couple times wants to come over and help let me know.

Thanks
Mitch

PM sent.

PM read :slight_smile:

a pinnion seal is probably only like $6 and would probably take all of 15min change

gears are always good though

Since you own an fbody, you should prob join wnyfbody.com Its a good site for us rednecks. You’ll find a ton of people on there that can help you with just about anything.

yea, i am not really in NY all that often, and as far as that prob went we just flushed out the rear and filled it with some syn and i will just have to keep up with it untill i do a gear swap.

well ok, Good luck!

I am back and forth to Buffalo as well. I see you are in GA, I am not too far from there in SC.

any shop can fix a pinnion seal for probably $80

its a stupid simple repair though

Yeah if you don’t do it the right way and replace the crush sleeve

Any experienced machanic can do it w/out dimpling the pinnion bearings or putting too tight of a load on it

you should help a brother out for $50. You dont have any overhead at all do you? put $40 in your pocket for <30min of work

really no voodoo to rears if you’ve done a bunch