Not buisy this weekend?

Pinion bearing on my TA is goin BAD. I have never done one before and dont want to spend all weekend on it. Any way someone could help me out? I’ll compensate for your time with pizza and beer and throw some cash your way.

Sorry JEG, I’m buisy

Do you have all the torque specs for putting it back together. It’s really important for the seal and bearing life that it goes back in at the proper torque. It’s really small too, under 20 in/lbs on the GTO if I remember correctly. I just had the pinion seal replaced and decided to have to done instead of doing it myself.

Why don’t you just buy a used rear end its probably much easier…

its not as simple as just pulling one out and swapping in a new one

you need pinion seal

crush sleeve

etc.

its a pain in the balls

x100000000000

Then sell your bad one for 25-50% of what you paid for the good one

Listen to this advice. Those rear ends are a dime a dozen. On top of that once you remove the pinion gear the old bearing (back side) and new bearing will need to be pressed on and off. If the front bearing is bad i garantee the rear is too.

word. How much would that cost?

I have done this on a lift before…I couldn’t imagine the fun of trying to do this in a driveway.

Where are all the old school F-body people with spare parts?

They’re buisy.

I dont know I installed my 9" in a parking lot in about 3 hours.

swapping the rear end is easy…

However changing the pinon bearing/seal when the rear end is in the car is not with out a lift.

You’re still here?

Very true. I was just being another advocate of swapping in a new rear.

Jeg how do you know it is bad what is it doing?

i have a lift?

word. what you doin this or next weekend? I have to work saturday but I’m free sunday.

why not upgrade to a better used axle while you’re at it? I believe a 4th gen bolts right up and most have disc brakes. Just make sure it isn’t one with traction control

then u buy calipers brake hoses you are spending to much

:word:

If you can’t fix it, how can you properly assess the situation?

Is spell check that hard, really?