Camaro vs Mustang facepalm thread (split)

Fully dressed 457.6lb with auto flexplate or 497.2lb with flywheel/clutch.

500rwhp will power a foxbody into the 10’s with ease and more than enough on the street. In a heavier car it may not be a lot of power but that’s why dynos don’t win races. There are WAY more factors that come into play. I have been going to the track for along time and I have seen 400rwhp cars spank 500+rwhp cars. That is why most guys serious about racing and getting good track times don’t spend there time on a dyno. Hell, most of the fast cars at the track have never even hit a dyno, here is a guy I knows old 07 GT500…

How much power does it make??? No clue, he races at the TRACK. Ran 9.87@140 with a stock engine and stock 6spd transmission. Rearend is a beefed up 8.8

Race weight around 3850lbs…

And regardless of how anemic everyone thinks the 4.6 SOHC is I have seen them run mid 12’s with untouched engines. Power to weight, gearing, etc.

yea that car runs strong i love it! dyno’s are just good for a base line and estimate on power but a good devide to tune the way ur vehicle runs. 500whp NA in most cars will get you in 10’s and im talking sports cars, not a 1950’s led sled. we all have full race weight cars for the most part, i was just sayn a ls1 can make 500 with head cam and mayb and intake and run 10s with full interior and supporting mod such as a 12b or 9. i dont know of many head cam mustangs intake mustangs at full weight running times like that, and yes i know a fox is light and awesome but a stock fox body 5.0. h/c/i in the 10s?(im only talking stock b/c 99% of us have stock/factory motors)

H/C/I in 10’s with a foxbody I have seen, but it takes some weight removal and spinning the stock shortblock pretty high. A 60’s design 5.0 engine is not really a fair comparison to a newer tech LS1 that has more cubes and better flowing heads stock. There are 351 powered foxbodys in the LOW 10’s NA with 351w and 351c based engines. There are actually some 351c powered foxbodys in the low 10’s with STOCK heads still.

10.59@126 with a stock bottom end and all off the shelf parts…

lol ok well lets talk year for year ls1 vs 4.6 to keep it clear, 99-2002 ls1 trans am/z28 vs 99-02 gt h/c/i…

That GT500 above had the “small” TVS2300 too, spanks most of the big blower GT500 times out there. He has a 2010 GT500 now, he ran 10.88@129 with exhaust/gears/wheels/slicks, STOCK tune, STOCK pulley, fastest stock pulley/blower GT500 so far. I was there and got his 10.89 run too.

LOL, well I know there are more higher powered ones now that the TFS heads are out. The stock heads are not the best. The stock 4V heads were decent but the new 5.0 DOHC heads are killer, probably the best ever stock head period on a Mustang. It flows around 350cfm on the intake side which is more than pretty much any stock head out there, Ford or otherwise.

my lil old cam only ls1 made 412rwhp…

and its still slow.

h/c/i/built motor = 13.7 @ 104

because you’re setup, like many others isn’t optimized. And you can’t drive it lol

car sucks, end of story.

Thats why if for some stupid reason I keep it I want to make it handle.

The TFS heads are the best thing that ever happened to the 2V’s, I’d love to do a N/A 2V’S build someday to shut the haters up!

muussstttaaanggsssss

what are tfs heads

Trick Flow

all this domestic jargon makes my wiener hurt

All F-Bodies have Dixie cup and toothpick suspension as depicted below.

Look like an RC car now haha

Well domestic cars can’t handle anyways according to most of the kids I talk too. From some of the things I hear I might as well just leave the steering wheel locked with the key in the off position before entering a turn. A lot of people are stuck in the 80’s as far as domestic knowledge goes.

Anyone catch the forum wars where the Mustang killed on the track?
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/forum/mustang-wins-opening-episode-forum-wars-5241.html