camera guys

Im not in the marked for a dslr just yet but i would like a nice camera with an ok zoom. Up until recently i have only had sony’s which were great but i cant stand memory stick… It can suck my ass as well as sony as a whole. I was looking at the sony dsc h3 beacause it is really compact and still has a 10x zoom and that led me to this panasonic.

can anyone tell me if this is an ok purchase or should i just stick with the sony since it is like 100 cheaper for pretty much the same fatures. It would be nice to go to sd cards :frowning:

here is the sony in question

If anyone knows of a camera that has a decent zoom and is around 8-9mp and still will be a bit compact. anyway what to you guys think? LOVE YOU!!! no homo

also where to get a deal on a camera would be sweet as well

TZ5>H3 I’d say.

panasonic stabilization is better, the lenses are better and the TZ5 is slightly more compact. They are very popular cameras. Just unfortunately ugly.

not to mention getting away from memory stick :slight_smile:

Very true. I don’t know why Sony has to be gay like that.

cause its sony, only apple and microsoft are more evil and money hungry and im sure if sony had a serious hand in the software business they would be much much worse.

The sony is fairly compact but the panasonic is way smaller, sony has a big, chunky shape. I think you can still get the predecessor to the tz5 and it would be a lot cheaper and still very comparable. The canon a720IS is in the same range too but with a bit less zoom

Anyone know of some good places to buy?

I have a sony H5

It’s big but takes really nice pics and has good stabilization.

Online will be cheapest. Try Amazon.

Gonna spend 300+ why not drop a little more change for a used DSLR? :confused:

i’m in the market for a used slr

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0705/07050703canons5is.asp

Canon IS S5

I had the S3 before I went DSLR and It was a great camera for the price. I was impressed, with the 12x zoom and stabilization. Plus, the swivel screen comes in handy alot more than you think it would.

I cant say for the S5 though, hopefully its only improved over the S3.

the canon IS series cameras are pretty nice and have image stablization. I’ve always liked my canon point & shoots…

co-worker of mine recently got the A720IS, lemme see what he thought of it.

edit: first week of use he likes it a lot, very portable and decent zoom. Only thing he said he didn’t like really was it felt “cheap” mainly b/c of the plastic body I am assuming.

i’ll trade you for a non dented sti hood, roof and trunk :fry:

only diff is the resolution

Get the s3 or s5 rob i have the s3 and love it.

cause im looking for something compact, i really don’t need a dslr yet but i still want a good zoom. the ones i linked were slightly larger than a typical point and shoot and seem like what im looking for.

The s5 is was my initial pick but they are still kinda big. i would take a 10x zoom to have a much smaller camera and thats what the sony and samsung seem to have goin for them.

lol sony, good luck with the memory stick and proprietary battery :slight_smile:

canon has 12x optical.

likei said i have 2 sony cameras and hate them for the memory stick, the battery however is fucking awesome. I love those but the 12x zoom isnt that important to me, i want at least 10x and a smaller form factor.