camry vs. maxima...

since i gott he new job and am making the money i’ve wanted to make since i left philly, i am thinking about getting a new car. i have it narrowed down to the maxima se or the camry with the dual exhaust and lip kit, i think its the se.

anyway, i know i can get a better performance car for the $, but i don’t want the tempatation. i need to save for a house, so buying a car i like from the factory will stop that.

i seen that the camry is actually faster in the 1/4 then the maxima, but the maxima got better handling. both are around the same price, im just asking on what people would choose.

both are great cars for daily. i am partial to the maxima. really nice car and run great in stock form

Maxima. The Camry is ugly.

camry

I like the looks of both, but I tend to think that toyota’s are more reliable in the long run so I would go with the camry to save you money down the road. we rented one from avis to drive to Philly last summer and they were not that bad. A little big, but thats all.

altima>maxima
camry>maxima
altima>camry

so yea, get an altima :smiley:

maxima

maxima

Maxima

Plus I’d never give a dime to Toyota.

i am torn between both. i looked online for a while, and the camry is ltlle cheaper, but i like the maxima. im going to test drive them when i have a day off, so ill see…

Get a slightly used acura TL.

yes!

or the new altima coupe over the maxipad

4 door maximas and altimas are a hell of alot better looking than the altima coupe

my maxima is a 97 w/170K miles on it. Just put in a new tranny but that was because of my own stupid actions. Bought it 4 years ago w/ 115K miles on it. Its been great. I would highly recommend.

Any other major problems with it??? Sounds like its been really reliable.

maxima by far!

drove them both, and i like them both. for some reason, i like the looks of the camry better…

:slap:

a couple of little things like a starter and an alternator. Nothing major though. I’d say I have MAYBE $500 into it for repairs. You would NEVER know it has 170K miles on it though.