Can I bring tools on an airplane?

I need to get to Minnesota to pick up a car. Figure I should fly. Or I guess I could look for a bus

anyway, I have one of those like crafstmen 150 piece tool sets. If I am driving a used car thats new to me 950 miles, I wouldn’t want to do so without some tools

can I bring them on an airplane? i mean, its just a bunch of sockets and ratchets, needle nose pliers, and a screwdriver set

hmmm i would call the airline. if not, you can have the tool set UPS-ed to wherever it is that the car is being sold from. i can help you out with that. belive it or not, a lot of people ship luggage when they go on vacation through UPS. if you do take it on the airline, i would pack it in a cardboard box (again, i can help u out with that) or a suitcaser and just check it as a piece of luggage. i know that professional chefs travel with thier own knife sets all the time, so i dont see where a tool set woulod be an issue?

tools I think would be fine as long as it’s in the cargo bar area :gotme:

yea they wont let you have it as carry on. i had a snowboard tool in my carry on bag before and i had to surrender it cause they said i could take apart the plane with it.

You can carry on some tools that are under 7" long, but depends on the tools. You can check any you want though.

actually it depends on the dip shit TSA agent working at the time, i’ve tried to get metal objects on, like car parts that are small but they still made me check them, i would just check them and be done with it.

I have a proposition for you, PM ME!!

my snocross machanic made it from conneticut to indiana with 2 wreches in his pocket…then when the plane landed in denver,he almost got arrested for carrying a weapon on a airplane… :jawdrop:

You should be able to. call the airline and ask them. I know guys that are on traveling trap shooting leagues. they fly with thier guns. they just have to have them locked up and the airport transfers them. i dont know all the details but i know it can be done.

Just check it and you’ll be fine. I fly with a big tool set (80lbs) for work. I check it, no issues at all (except in my case I have to pay $25 for excessively heavy baggage).

Yep, you can fly with tools but you gotta check em. You won’t get through security with tools. Trust me, I’ve traveled with my tool bag to South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Portugal, Marshall Islands, Uruguay, Anchorage, Tacoma, Jackson, Minneapolis, Chicago…

its not the tools, you should be worried about.

its the motherfuckin snakes.

I skipped all of the replies.

But you can check them, as long as they don’t exceed the 50lb weight limit (you’ll have to pay if they are over). You can NOT carry them on.

you can bring pretty much anything on a plane if you are gonna check it. Obviously, there are things that would never be allowed, like bombs and other explosives.

snakes on a motherfucking plane!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c275/boulos/samjackson.jpg

Lmao @ you guys and Snakes on a Plane every time u get a chance.

:lol:

any luck yet, call the airport?

Put them in your checked baggage and you will be fine.

Because it’s been said 10 times already but people keep saying it, and because I feel like being a dumbass today…

You can bring them, you just have to check them. You can’t bring tools in your carry on.