can someone give me a complete parts list for lowering my civic

I have a 99 civic. Can someone give me a parts list of everything i will need to do this. If you want to get specific you can but this will be kinda on a budget and just for looks and a smooth ride.

Ok here you…

Parts List

1. Lowering Springs
  2. Get it aligned
  3. Better shocks if you can afford it
  1. lowering shocks of some sort (otherwise youll just be replacing your stock shocks when they blow out within the yr…
  2. a set of lowering springs or coilovers
  3. New rear LCA bushings or LCA’s all together. Because chances are if the orginal shocks are still on your car your gonna have a hell of a time getting those lower shock bolts to break.
  4. Alignment

ditto on LCA bushings. just bought a new set of bolts today for rear control arms

Nails

two 2x4’s and a torch… heat em up. let em cool, take the boards out and roll out on a budget

shocks
springs
tools
alignment:nuts:

the lca bushing/bolt/ or new lca’s for the rear is prob a must. you dont wanna start then find out them bolts wont come out and have to order them anyway

new oem bolts from the dealer!! I have gone through a lot especially if the car is older

1 fat chick

If your going to do it right.

1. lowering springs and new aftermarket struts (i reccomend KYB AGX’s) or a GOOD coil over set up (i.e. Tein, D2, Skunk 2, Omni. NOT EBAY)

2. Shims and longer bolts for rear control arms- this fixes rear camber issues.

3. Front control arms (for front camber if you plan on lowering alot i personally don’t run aftermarket ones)

4. Check your tie rods, make sure the are in good condition, because other wise when you go to get it aligned you might end up paying twice.

5. Alignment.

Since yours is a 99 your LCA bushings should be ok, but check them out prior to starting, i’d reccomend ordering new LCA’s.

1. Shims and longer bolts for rear control arms- this fixes rear camber issues.

how is a bolt going to solve camber issues unless i dont know how the 99 rear suspension is set up the shock has nothing to do with it, the upper control arm doesnt touch the shocks theres where the camber is adjusted on it

i could be wrong

That depends. If the car seats 4, you need 3 fat girls to ride around with you to keep the weight balance correct, you don’t want to mess with the handling of the car. That would be unsafe.

^^:rofl:

it you put shims between the controll arm and the body it moves the upper control are out, thus moving the upper pivot point out, adding camber.

i thought you ment lower you didnt specify, i was like where the hell can a washer help on the lower control arm:scared:

That’s almost everything; you’ll need the actual Civic, too.

Or, you can do it the ricer way, and just set your tire pressure at 18 psi.

Do it how the guy around here does.
Crush the springs down and use a hose clamp to hold them there.
Done.