Lowering My Civic

I am going to be lowering my 1999 honda civic ex. It has 17 inch rims. Can someone give me a quick list of everything I will need. Want to just lower it about 2 inches…not adjustable coilovers…cheapest possible way to lower it but still have a decently smooth ride. If someone could just list the items i will need that’d be awesome.

im a noob please dont make fun of me. Thanks

lowering springs, new shocks (agx), camber kit (front), washer trick for the back (?), alignment

im also lowering my 98civic on an eibach prokit i baught new shocks and struts i got a front camber kit and i will definently get a 4 wheel alignment. but make sure you get a camber kit because if you dont your tires will bow in.
i’m also a noob lol and i asked to but thats what i would do if i were you

my one friend told me a while ago about a certain bolt that always breaks…does anyone know what im talking about?

probably the camber bolt

or you could cut ur stock springs but you’ll have a bouncy ride but it would cost you nothing to do it

I wouldn’t recommend that at all.

The least that I would do is put lowering springs on stock shocks. Best would be to buy a sport shock (koni, kyb, tokico, etc.) and put a quality spring on them. Either way…get it aligned as soon as you finish the project. YOu shouldn’t need a camber kit if you’re lowering it around 1.75" or so.

rear lower strut mount bolts freeze and will snap like a slim-jim. if they do, then your fawked

so if i soak it like every day in wd40 for a week and then heat the crap outta it do you think it’ll still snap

how come i see 8 million civics that are lowered a day…how come they didnt get fawked (in other words if that were to happen what is the solution)

its the LCA bolt. chances are the bolts are frozen and the heads will snap right off. it doesn’t matter if you put pb on it for a week and heat it for an hour, chances are that they will still break. this will require you to cut the stock shock to remove it.

buy some new LCA bushings and bolts and you’ll be fine so long as you plan on replacing the shocks. a drill and a torch help to get the old bushings out.

You forgot to add in eventually blowing your shocks and looking like a bouncing idiot driving around. I’ve seen a few cars autox on cut springs, I think it actually makes the car harder to drive lol.

Also about the LCA bolt, once you get them out bathe the whole bolt and the hole in & around the control arm in grease. Definitely makes life easier down the road.

i wouldnt recommend that neither lol but he said cheap as possible and that is the cheapest way lol not a very efficient way but definently cheapest

That’s total BS, you know damn well that championship level cars have cut springs. Just because you can’t handle it, doesn’t mean some other 16yr old girl can’t :crying:

Well I was referring to you and your hard parking skillz when I said “bouncing idiot driving around”. :eek3:

lol, it’s just my cars gansta-lean, get it right.

i got some newer eibach sportlines if you wanna buy them cheap