lowering honda civic

hey guys i have a 98 honda civic and i purchased a brand new Eibach pro kit just some lowering springs any one want to do it for me tell me how much you want and id also like to watch to see how its done im pretty sure i could do it myself but not 100% positive and no spring compressor

changin springs can be scary biz man unless you know what your doing…definitly take it to a pro…and watch how they use the spring compressors for your first time…one mistake and “blamo!” your in the hospital.

I live a few miles from you, I could take care of it no problem…just tell me when you want to do it.

lol, don’t listen to this dude. There is some risk but unless you are a complete moron, you aren’t going to blow your head off with the top hat. I mean just take your time and make sure everything is seated properly and just do it. Rent the crap from autozone and boom, your done.

Or if the eibach kit is shocks+springs maybe spend a little more to get new tophats and strut bearings, put everything together off the car, then take the stock stuff off. You’ll be done in like an hour.

unless your lca bolts freeze and need new bushings and bolts :slight_smile:

Doing springs isn’t too bad. I’m sure I can give you a hand and lend out the garage space and tools.

heres another forum dork with bad advice…let someone else who knows do it for the first time…for #1 safty…and #2 to protect your investment from mistakes…we all start somewhere…relax…watch them do it so you get familair with the procedure…and next project you will have the knowhow and the understanding…and yes…there is a risk of injury…remember…springs are under load…good luck…keep us posted

lol, i’ve had the front and rear (torsion bar so no big deal) off of my vw 3 times as I changed various components (springs, shocks, strut tower bushings and bearings), as well as a full suspension change on a prelude and a focus. I may not have given the best advice but come on, spring compressors? I mean if you or the OP can’t figure out spring compressors you probably shouldn’t be working on a car.

To the OP, check on other forums like honda-tech as I’m sure there is a super in-depth write up with good pictures and everything. Print the info out, get the tools you need, take your time, and have fun. Try not to schedule the swap for when you need the car. Like if you only have a 3 hour window and it seems it “should” only take 2 hours, block the whole day and try to have someone around who can run you out for parts or whatever should you break a bolt. Buy PB blaster and let that stuff soak overnight. Make sure the car is properly supported on jack stands and is really stable.

Try to get the spring compressors about 180* apart on the spring. Make sure the little lock is engaged (there should be 4 total, one on the top and bottom of each spring), and take it a little slow when compressing the spring, alternating the compressors.

go to steves (dyingwish) place…he’ll take care of you. you can drink beer :beer: while you wait

if i can take apart the suspension, anyone can. it just takes some time and patience the first run through.

Good advice here. Having swapped the suspension on my civic 3 times now, it is a lot easier having complete assemblies

This isn’t really an “unless” situation. there’s a 98% chance at least one bolt will have seized, and you’ll strip one of the heads off. Used LCA’s are allover car-part and won’t set you back too much at all. New bolts can come from home-depot/lowes, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you go to honda and get new bolts.