Can you Haggle with people at Bestbuy?

I want to get a plasma 46" or 50-52", and try to keep it under $2000. How much can you barter with these guys? I will not buy the service plan or any other bullshit they offer. I just wanna know what reasonable things to ask. Any suggestions? Anyone work there?

“I’m gonna need that extended warranty for the price of…on the house.”

[quote=“Joe,post:2,topic:31016"”]

“I’m gonna need that extended warranty for the price of…on the house.”

[/quote]

" I aint yo nigga"

Barter with them? What are you going to offer them in return?

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:3,topic:31016"”]

" I aint yo nigga"

[/quote]

YOU LOOKIN FOR A NIGGA? NIGGA HERE NOW

^^you know, like 10% off, a few bucks off shit like that. Im gonna offer them my friggin money sillybilly.

just buy online then, youll save prob more than that and you dont want the extras BB offers anyway. I picked out the model i wanted at BB, then bought it on tigerdirect.com. Saved $600.

Have fun haggling with a low profit margin corporate store.

If you want to barter on price go to a small private retailer.

[quote=“Joe,post:7,topic:31016"”]

just buy online then, youll save prob more than that and you dont want the extras BB offers anyway. I picked out the model i wanted at BB, then bought it on tigerdirect.com. Saved $600.

[/quote]

Yeah but its going on my bb card.

Bargain = what you’re trying to do.
Barter = trading goods for goods.

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:6,topic:31016"”]

^^you know, like 10% off, a few bucks off shit like that. Im gonna offer them my friggin money sillybilly.

[/quote]

I don’t think you know the definition of bartering ;). But it’s cool, I know what you meant.

Fine then how about Haggle??

I fixed the title also.

they really dont haggle on the prices there unless you price match it to their satisfaction. we do the 10% price match on local competitors at sears. If you want to haggle goto rosa’s they are like used car salesmen. Most anything to make a deal there

[quote=“altimarollin,post:13,topic:31016"”]

they really dont haggle on the prices there unless you price match it to their satisfaction. we do the 10% price match on local competitors at sears. If you want to haggle goto rosa’s they are like used car salesmen. Most anything to make a deal there

[/quote]

So if i found the same tv somewhere else, and it was less they would price match and give a 10% off?

[quote=“SI01,post:10,topic:31016"”]

Bargain = what you’re trying to do.
Barter = trading goods for goods.

[/quote]

People always screw that up.

You can haggle with anyone.

Just depends on how much shame you have, how much respect you expect back and how much of a douche you want to appear to come across as.

I have found you cant haggle with the individual sales people but if you can get a manager to help you, most of the time you can get something.

Also you can really push your luck on OPEN BOX buys and sometimes get a really really good price and extended warranty.

and they have a 0% visa

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:18,topic:31016"”]

and they have a 0% visa

[/quote]

winner.

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:14,topic:31016"”]

So if i found the same tv somewhere else, and it was less they would price match and give a 10% off?

[/quote]

More then likely match the price and give you 10 percent of the difference. say its 2500 at place x and place y has it for 2400, $100 difference take 10% of that you would get 10 off the price match youd be 2390