Canadian/American Border Question (Transporting Goods)

Im in talks with a guy in Toronto to purchase front and rear seats. Will the customs give me any kind of hastle on the way back/there? im trading him my haggered interior plus cash on my part for the set, so i’m going to be bringing items both ways.

anyone have any input?

The only thing I can think of right now is they might decide to be assholes and rip apart the seats looking for drugs, which would defeat the purpose of going over there and buying them. They do it to cars, why not do it to parts of cars? Get what I’m saying?

I asked my mom and she suggested maybe installing the seats in canada, if that is at all possible?

Or there’s this: http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=218&p_created=1043364937&p_sid=fEJnDmti&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD01NzImcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

yup most likely they will be pricks… would help if you called and gave notice when you were planning on going and what you were bringing ect ect.

can’t you just swap with him when you get there? take out your seats and then put in the ones you are getting. not like the border patrol will notice your interior is different.

fuck that. i got gsr front and rear seats when I had the civic, brought em over the border. they didnt give a fuck

but yea, you can just swap interiors while you’re there

jam doesnt drive the e30 in sht. id ont htink at least. i think youd be ok jammer.

Yea i highly dought they will say something. My dad brings 60k pro mod motors back and forth and they dont say nothing about them. He also brings racing fuel back form toronto and all they ask is what is it for. He said my race car and ur back to the usa.

If they rip apart your car and don’t find ANYTHING illegal, then they have to compensate you for the damages. They don’t talk about it a lot, because they want everyone to be afraid of them.

Canadians might ask if they are staying in Canada, so they can try to charge you something for them. Tell them that you are just taking them to a friend to help you in stall them in your car, and nothing is staying in Canada.

US will ask if you bought them in Canada. Either tell them the same story, or tell them that you went over to sell them, but the douchebag didn’t come through on the sale.

Worst case scenerio, just pay the duty on it.

JAM, I brought a van-load of parts back from Canada, twice. I had the guy write me a reciept for $200 or so, even though it was a trade. They never went through the van, or charged me anything, they just looked inside. And that thing was packed top to bottom. Just have your shit together, cooperate, and you won’t have a problem.