Am I going to get hassled at the border?

I am planning on going into Canada to get a carburetor that I need (it wasn’t sold in the States) to fix my Samurai. Does anyone know if I am going to get hassled at the border for that? I know someone else would have shipped it, so it can’t be that big of a deal.

Thanks.

You will be fine, especially for an old part like that, just say someone on the internet gave it to you, if they ask.

They probably wont ask.

You will get anally probed so don’t hide it there, whatever you do.

They’ll pull you aside, have an orgy with your ass. Followed by life in prison.

But it’s nothing to honestly worry about.

You won’t get hassled.

Hell, it’s a carburetor, if you’re really worried zip tie it under the hood and even if they look 99% of customs people would just assume it’s supposed to be there. :slight_smile:

Just make sure to sweat a lot, stutter when you talk and make no eye contact when answering your questions. You’ll be fine.

Yah say you visited a friend up in xxxx (insert where guy lives here) and he gave you an old carb to clean up and try to use, but other than that nothing…shouldn’t be an issue

that samurai still kicking? lol

just make sure no1 puts the receipt on the license plate…haha

Why get caught in a web of lies for something that isn’t illegal? If it is under $XXX ($250 maybe), they can’t charge you anything. I brought home a Windstar packed full of VW parts on 2 separate occasions. I got a hand-written receipt from the guy I bought them from, along with his address. They didn’t even search the van- it could have been anything in those boxes. Just get a receipt and you’re golden.

they do not care about some guy going over to pick up a part, they are looking for drugs, money and people who are potential threats. Just be honest and straight with them, it goes a long way when compared to the bull shit they deal with all day.

Are you white? No
Are you “other” Yes

when they ask you where you’re from, just say earth

I went to ontario and came back with a drum to drum monte carlo rearend.
They asked what was in the back, I said junk parts, they said Go on.

Simple as that.

U should be fine. use the junk parts excuse or just tell them that you had it in the trunk and didnt take it out before you went across.

Alright cool. I’ve brought stuff back from Canada before I just wasn’t sure if there was going to be anything different about it. I figure it wouldn’t hurt to check before I got there and had some unexpected issue.

find the name of a u pull it junk yard and say you got it for $15…lol

Its a used carburetor, Just say its a spare part that you had left in there for another car you own. You wouldn’t be lying.

dude i drove a miata hardtop back on my truck and its no biggie. just try not to bring back drugs