Tiger Japanese Auto Parts (out of Toronto)

Anybody deal with them? A guy on another forum was asking about them.

They seem to have some stupid low prices on some engines, like FWD SR20DETs are $699, more than 50% below “normal” retail.

Also their selection of cars is pretty nice as well…

https://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php?currency=USD&cPath=95

wow, prices are very good… hows that work getting a car cleared across customs?

For the most part, it doesn’t. If you do A LOT of homework it may be able to get it done.

Personally I’d go up there, strip out the interior, thrown on some numbers, take it to a track and get it really dirty, and tow it back on a trailer.

PM Bing - I’m sure he knows. :tup:

they would know you didnt bring it over with you, so u may have to pay some taxes but they couldnt say no

How would they know?

And even race cars can be denied entry. I forget the specific time period but cars that come for special and/or international races are only granted a “VISA” of a few weeks and then must leave. Of course, in that respect our sea ports are more strickly controlled than the Peace Bridge.

i have heard of them but never dealt…they have a JDM motor for my car cheap

idk… you get what you pay for usually…

the mark up on those used parts is usually insane. the company may just be under cutting everyone, and hopping to do more volume to make up for the profit loss.

my neighbor works as a customs person @ the whirpool, he said when you go over they enter in everything about your car, ie if u were towing a trailer that was loaded with stuff, what it was how much etc etc, that way when u come back they know if u got the stuff in canada or left stuff there

solution?

go over with a shit junkyard shell in the same color with some numbers on it, then just leave that in a parking lot. lol.

No, they don’t. I’ve towed my race car over there a couple times, Mike’s towed his race car over there, I’ve towed the FSAE car over there…

i garuntee they noted that you had a car in tow when you went over, i took a transmission over the border and when i came back they asked me where it was (they had asked me about it when i was going over and i lied saying i was getting it fixed when in reality i had sold it) i understand you have towed cars over, but you probably towed them back when you came back correct? or did you leave it there?

wow…their prices are really good. could you hypothetically just buy an engine and bring it over with no problems?

Step 1:take stock engine over, say ur taking it to a shop for diagnosis, pickup said motor, get recipt for 25 dollar diagnosis, leave stock motor, bring back new one

Step 2 ???

Step 3 Proffit!

I guarantee the 30 seconds I spent at the border no one was checking anything. Especially in a closed trailer.

How would a U.S. customs official know what you said to a Canadian customs official?

More importantly why would they care what you are taking out of the country? They only care about what you are bringing in.

they had a jdm itr front end with HIDs for 1000 i was in awe over it.

can you pick up?? some places dont want that. what about just having it shipped back, hell go up when its suppose to ship and watch the truck pick it up so you know your not getting screwed

I wonder what front clip I could put on the del sol?

yea i have heard of them and people have had good experiences with them