Canadian Carfax???

Is there a canadian equivelant to Carfax. I have heard it won’t work properly on canadian vehicles, is this true. I have found another 240 that I am looking at and would like to know if there is anyway to check it out beforehand. Thanks

Yup, its true. Doesn’t work worth shit in Canada.

Only option I know of is go to the registries branch and pay $10-20 to get them to search the VIN.

hey thanks, I might have to do that, $20 bucks isn’t that bad to know the history of a 9-10,000 car before you buy it. Also, I had to take off early from work today so I didn’t get a chance to check those wheels for you but I will tomorrow 4 sure.

NP :slight_smile:

And yes, spending that much its probably a good idea.

Actually it was weird. I was always led to believe that CARFAX does not exist in Canada, but I went to a registry in Mill Woods and when she ran the VIN number check all over the paper printout was written CARFAX CANADA.

Dont trust the registries completely though, i got a theft check on my car recently and it came up clean so i bought it. Then two weeks later a cop shows up at my front dorr telling me the car is stolen and that it was on the stolen car list the entire time. So im assuming the registry didnt even check. Those BASTARDS!!!