cheap carfax

usually i think its 35 bucks? for a report

this place emails them to you for 6

cant do JDM or shortened vins tho

but i used it for a friend’s car and it came back in a few mins

thought i’d share just in case anyone else ever needed one

There’s a sticky over in the classifieds section that I’ll quote this in, pretty cool.

i would question whether it sources from the same or similar data pools as carfax. For US cars Carfax has a much bigger data pool than anyone else. If this option isnt licensing carfax data then it’s probably looking at a much smaller picture… which is why it’s cheaper… the deveil is in the details that aren’t there.

for Canadian vehicles carfax is useless, you have to use carproof and it’s more expensive for a variety of reasons. carfax has limited Canadian data whereas carproof has the market lead by far up here.

canadian car sellers provide carproofs on US cars because of what they DONT include… they do this as a matter of practice knowing that most people think that VHR’s (vehicle history report) are all the same.

your point about canadian carfaxes is valid, to a degree (it doesn’t return mileage but it does return registration dates and locations)

but what i got was a genuine carfax report

carproof is definitely better for canadian cars but it’s even more expensive than a retail carfax report

50 bucks with liens, 35 without

if you don’t know a car’s origins for certain, you will always get the fullest picture with both a carfax and a carproof

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

actually i take that back

i just looked at this report again and it does show the mileage at each registration

for that alone it’s well worth it

we can have this discussion in greater detail sometime… i can’t have it in a public section… i know too much :slight_smile:

was on the phone with the VP from carproof this afternoon in fact.

you should put the dirt up in the premie section, wink wink nudge nudge

there’s no dirt, just the how and why

i’ll take any reading materials right now, im pretty bored