Cancer V. Tanning beds

A new analysis of about 20 studies concludes the risk of skin cancer jumps by 75 percent when people start using tanning beds before age 30. Experts also found that all types of ultraviolet radiation caused worrying mutations in mice, proof the radiation is carcinogenic.

No one ever believes me when I tell them that my sister developed melanoma from frequently using tanning beds. I can’t even count how many teenage girls I have told that to tried to explain to me that medical studies have disproved the tanning-cancer “rumor.”

No surprise there.

It is true that anything done in more than moderation can/will be harmful. However a few 10 minute trips before a vacation/prom etc is not going to kill you.

The tanning obsession is such Buffalo thing. Every single one of my friends from high school looks like a damn Oompa Loompa. And I can’t even begin to count the number of people I know who have tanning beds in their homes. Here in Pittsburgh, we keep it pasty.

I’d rather be pasty as fuck than have cancer/wrinkles/moles/be tan. I did the whole tanning thing when I was 15, for like a month. Ugh. I was red, not tan. How stupid.

Let’s sum it up:

fat
pasty
hates thongs

Dude, you’re a creep. Stop following me in threads. PM me if you really have issues with me. Or just put me on ignore already.

lawl okies, like you’re important enough to be stalked.

on topic: is treating sunburned skin with aloe vera and lotion at all preventative to skin cancers? or just to external skin blemishes?

Pretty sure aloe vera just promotes healing.

I just got into a discussion (not brought up by me) about this. A girl I know was hating on some chick who clearly tans. But… She is a dirty, dirty smoker calling out this perfectley bronzed broad.

“OMG CANCER!”

Too funny. Fucking smokers. The ironing.

On topic: This is news?