Can't decide - red or pewter?

i was the same way when i was getting my si i really wanted the Habanero Red Pearl but everyone want was only getting Nighthawk Black Pearl but i ended up gettin lucky valley honda was getting one and they didnt know about it till after it was being shipped

what im trying to say is if you have to wait to get what you want then wait you will regret it later if you settle for a different car

what happins when u buy a used GOODTITLE car,u could end up with a POS

personally, I don’t make it a habit to buy used cars, and when I do, I do as much research as I possibly can

You can’t even be serious about saying it’s ok to buy an R title without knowing its history.

I bought a car with a salvage title that’s never been hit or wrecked, but it was a repossession. You can have a look all over it and tell me if there is any body/frame work done. Due to said problems, now it has an R title but no problems that I have found yet in 4,000 miles. I don’t know the history of it all but I’m going in good faith.

You can take a shit in a box and slap a Clean title on it, as long as that makes you feel better. I guess it’s a shame we all can’t afford brand new cars with clean titles.

you just made my point, you knew the cars history… well partially, but ill tell you youre foolish for not knowing it all. Cant afford a car, just an R title? Look for a cheaper car then

I think a lot of you people on this site (not directing this toward anyone), need to remove the stick from their ass and stop being so sensitive.

No shit a clear title car can be a hunk of junk, but if a car has an R-TITLE THERE’S A BIGGER CHANCE OF THAT. What is so hard to understand? You snore off an R-Title like it means absolutely nothing (which is pretty IgnoranT), yet if it had no significance to a vehicle, it wouldn’t be on the history. No that isn’t to say you see R on the title don’t even consider it, but at the very least, LIKE Z06 said, get all the facts you can on it.

ya. i wouldnt shrug off an r-title, by any means. if the car runs good, feels tight and u can get some info on it, then go for it if the deal is there. id rather have a nice r-title than a ratty clean title. dont base your decision on the title, but def be smart about it and factor it in.

if a good deal it doesn’t really matter IMO
as stated before r-title cars can have that for stupid reasons. doesn’t mean the car is junk.

Id take a pewter ta or z28 over red any day, but for a vette its a toss up!

i have a good title car that has been hit harder than some of the R title cars i have seen!! my car is a good title car with a new quarter, new hood, all new bumpers and bumper suppports, frame pulled, and whole car repainted. oh, and should be a flood car too now :kekegay:

wait for pewter

it allways looks clean!!!
i hate red

yeah like older women that still get perms

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I will wait a few more weeks and see if I can find one in pewter. R title doesn’t bother me too much. I plan on using the car as a daily driver. So it probably better to be happy with the color.

Even if I find one with high miles, I am sure Jeff would rather put in a new motor than change the color of a car. :down:

That red one is such a good price with those miles, it’s tough not to consider it.

I definitely agree with that. I had a 95 Mustang that had a new hood front bumper and 1/4 panel as well. Never ever had any problems with it, but it had been hit pretty nicely to do that kind of damage.

As far as if it’s a good deal then it doesn’t matter, you really have to inspect the vehicle, or have it inspected, Ask yourself things like WHY is it such a good deal, is it just becuase it has an R-Title or because there is more to it then that.

I would wanna see before I buy if R-title. I wouldn’t just go by what someone tlees me. Look the car over the best you can. There is nothing wrong with an r-title car that is fixed correctly. There is everything wrong with a clean title car that is half ass repaired.

Pewter FTW. Blue, Black & Silver are all good colors on a C5.

Red if you lose the Wagon Wheels

i’m not a fan of the Chrome/Pewter combo.

electron blue metalic > silver > pewter > anything > red

agreed.

x3

I saw a pewter one the other day, love the color on f-bodies, but after seeing it on a vette, I’d prefer red… but my personal choices would be black then silver.