Can't get a regular cell phone anymore... WTF

So, I’m absolutely amazed at how you can’t go into a mobile phone store and get a phone anymore. Everyhing m :crackup:crackup:crackupqqw3 ,v ™zs4

:hijacked by my 5 month old daughter :excited

What I was trying to say was that you can’t get a mobile phone at a mobile phone store! What they have in there are not phones… they are capable of out performing most full platform computers, but are still called phones… All I want is a fucking cell phone!

To top it off when I asked the person to show me the regular “basic” phones, I got looked at like I had 6 fuckin’ heads! Then I was told they haven’t had regular phones in there for " like 2 1/2 years… I don’t care how long you haven’t had them there, point me to a store that does, and quit being condescending!

Walmart has the prepaid ones that are just a phone

That what I have used for the last year or two. Its a samsung smartphone something or other with a number involved. Of note, last week it was only letting me accept calls and texts, but not send them.

My samsung is pretty basic- no internet and all that shit and I got it from Verizon.

Maybe because selling shitty phones would hurt their overall sales…

How would selling 1 or 2 basic phones hurt their overall sales? There’s still a market for them. Folks, like my parents and the older generations don’t always go for all the technology like the younger generation.

Verizon wouldn’t even let me and my wife upgrade our contract early to get smart phones. I mean seriously, we were going to spend $400+ on the phones alone, and probably $60+ a month more for the contract but they said they don’t do that anymore.

Wow, that’s ridiculous. I would think they’d jump all over an opportunity like that. Of course, they’d rather sell you a new plan after the old one expired for some numbers game I’m sure.

I wanted a new plan with data…

Buy a “dumb” phone on ebay for ~$50, activate it online. Never have to go to the store.

True, but that’s not the point I’m making. I have a regular mobile phone. In fact I have several. I am just saying that it’s unbelievable you can’t get a mobile phone at a mobile phone store without being looked at like a :skid. I thought the reason you got a mobile phone was to call people. I have a tablet that is much easier to read and has wifi.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Its always easier to just avoid the place.

I can definitely agree with that.

my store has tons of regular/basic/messaging phones. any best buy mobile will have these phones for all carriers.