car boging at 5000rpm

well just got this car and took it out and car bogs LIKE crazzy at 4500-5000 to a point where u eat the dash
its a sr20det
looked at plugs look good
boost is only set at 8psi
fuel problem ?

if it were a fuel problem i would imagine it would happen all the time? i could be wrong. i had a similar problem and it ended up being a monster of an exhaust leak.

it happens every time i try to go pass 4500-5000

i had the same issue, no acceleration, like it hits a wall! mine ended up being my oil pump that starved my head and was causing my valves to only open part way due to wear on cams and rockers! i would check compression just to rule out that

Ignition problem??

could be a small boost leak?

I had the same problem, it was a ka, but it was ignition. I advanced the timing slightly and changed the wires, and it was gone. I know u don’t have wires but maybe the plugs are gone even if they look ok.

more ideas i can rev the car up to 7 no problem but once under load just bogs
wideband is going in today

I think it’s a massive vacuum leak. Most prolly an intercooler pipe.

compression test 130 130 130 130 cold

It’s not a compression problem, i’m willing ot bet its a massive intake leak on boost.

Check to see if it will rev past 5000 off boost.

well im going to do a boost leak test today and see how that gos

lots of intake leaks, especially the ic hoses at full boost don’t show up with a boost leak. I’m telling you ddue, check to see if it revs past 5000 off boost.

i found about 4 5 spots under 15 psi on the shit welds home made pipeign ftl

Nice. Totally sounds like an intake leak.

Yup same shit happened with mine. Stock sidemount shit kept blowing off and would not drive worth shit with positive boost.

Did you fix the boost leaks? Did that get rid of it?

If not see what the wideband is saying when you install it and post up the results.

ordering some premade front mount pipeing should have it next week

Have you changed your fuel filter lately?
I know its a simple thing but a clogged filter will slow delivery. This same thing just happened to me i ran some shit fuel through it after i did a tank swap. Car ran fine for an hour then what you said was gutless after 4 or 5. i just changed the dirty filter and its running great.

i have a similar situation with my ca18det but only on a higher boost setting. i have a t28 bb and a greddy profec b boost controller. car pulls fine at base 6 or 7 psi when the system is off, fine at 9 the low setting and 13 the thing takes a quick nosedive at like 5 grand then goes right back to pulling hard…
i havent run the car since last yr on the higher setting, till the other day and it feels like it looses boost for a quick second then right back. i coundt actually read the boost gauge when it happened becuase immidatley my eyes go to the road to make sure its still going straight.

things i have tampered inbetween last yr running high boost and the other day cleaned that idle valve on the side of the intake.

loosened the adjutster on the bov so it would go off easier, no chopping on the turbo
disconnected the battery , therefore having to reset the boost controller… was actually running 14 psi last yr
does yours just bog out for a quick second like mine or 5k rpm and higher??