Car Box Questions Help

ok people so i got two 12’’ clif design subs 1200 watt each max 600 reg. im putting a pyle 1800 watt amp powering them, and i also have a kenwood 1000 amp tht is going to be powering a 15’’ sub(currently looking) and am upgradin the other speakers in the car and such. i am just wondering if n e one knows how to calculate how big of a box u need to make for the right crisp sound. cuz if the box is properly sized it will sound nicer, im looking to get a non ported box and have the 15’’ in the middle and two 12’s at the side all 3 separated tho. so if n e one has n e tips or knows how to make one and wud like to make some money, and knows how to figure out right dimensions let me know:D

call up audioheaven and ask…they can prolly help you.
http://www.audioheaven.ca/

rockford fozgate has a program on there web site taht allows you to type in the size of the sub and what kinda sound your looking for. it also depends on if your going sealed for a tight sound or ported for the loud bass. ported boxes are usually bigger. but yeha check the website and see how it works i haven’t used it in ages but good luck

thx alot guys, and im also wondering if im running two 12’s and a 15 how will that sound cuz i figureed the 15 will hit the really deep bass nice, and the 12’s will hit everything i was going to have each of them on separate toggle switches so i cud control them but im not sure. it is prob going in the back of an ext cab pickup and i want the box non ported. also im tryin to choose between a deck either a sony one or panasonic one right now cuz i want a cheaper one thts nice which wud prob be better?

10’s and 15’s would be the best combo i think, 10’s hit different then 12’s, but 12’s and 15’s don’t seem to be that much different. thats from what I’ve heard. i like the sound of 10’s.

my buddy has a 92 Chevy 1500 ext cab short box with 2 RF P2 12", each in it’s own dual ported box. it hit’s really hard, i can barley see straight when he turns it up! it’s awesome!. he had it sealed but switched the box’s for ported, it sounded much better!!

I’ve had a Sony deck for 3-4 years. i got the extended warranty so i can take it back and have it cleaned anytime i want. they get dirty pretty easy and will stop reading some disc’s then slowly it gets worse. but you take it to get cleaned and it will work just as the day you bought it. i like Sony’s features as well. full sub control is very nice!!

the panisonic deck’s I’ve played with have all been really nice, great visuals, one actually shows you your rpm’s, pointless if u have a tack, but my buddy does not in his crown Vic. lots of extra stuff that seemed pointless and never ending. so many options it would take you all day to set it. it’s to the point of to many settings. but a nice deck i guess for 800… i wouldn’t buy it.

you have to spend some time in the store and play with the decks till you find one that you like with the options that you want and need. your deck is the most important part. it’s where the signal starts so if it starts crappy it’s gonna sound crappy no matter how expensive ur amp or subs are.

ahh icic well i do tht i was thinking this sony one http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1003625&navigationPath=32150n32153 cuz it has the aux, and the usb, plus it has all the built in eq’s and sounds pretty nice and looks like a decent one but im not sure yet

sony usally is shit. for the back of a truck will a 15’ fit? i would go with two 8’s and a 12’s to have the prefect sounding system thats if you want three subs! if you only want two then go with 10’s or 12’s but sony is always doo doo

see this is where i get confused cuz i have two buddies with sony and i kno ppl who have them some love them and say there great for the price, others say its crap. so thts why i was also thinkin about going for the panasonic cuz it has almost the except same feats but not all but its 10 bucks more. but im not entirely sure which still, and ya well i actually have 3 12’s right now but i dunno wut im going to be doing, and no it wudnt be to big its an ext cab 3/4 ton pickup so its got tons of space lol

this is the cd player i run http://tech.yahoo.com/ps/Sony-cdx-f7705x/1991431148 and i love it! it does everything i want it to and it glows blue to match the blue interior so it works. i have no complains about this deck. it all depends on which Sony you get. i pay for what you get with Sony. if u buy a cheap deck your gonna get a cheap deck. i paid 400$ for that deck brand new the year it came out. before that i had a cheaper sony model and it was garbage. no display, skipped all the time, wouldn’t play certain burnt Cd’s. i can drive in SASK and there is no skipping with this deck!! no cd i can’t play!

check around and play them, get something that you like and get the warranty!! it’s worth it!

ya man thts a really nice one i was looking at tht awhile back i saw one for cheap on ebay but i didnt get er. i dunno ebay u can usually find it for cheap but im not sure im gonna prob check out tht audio heaven place see wut they got, thx alot for the link by the way. i cant wait til i get everything setup, ill post a vid wen i got a chance for u guys sure it will pound like hell

lol, yea ebay is good for something things, but electronic’s i only buy if it’s new in the box, used stuff usually doesn’t last or work! i buy lots of those mp4 players and resell them in ebay. i’ve made a pretty a big profit already!!

the new sony decks pretty much have the same features as mine, but u have to pay for it. i know that funds can be a problem, but i recommend spending atleast 300 on your headunit to ensure your gonna get a good clear sounding deck with the features your gonna want and need.(in my experiance buying decks, from cheap ones to my current sony!)

happy hunting! i’ll be watching for the vid!

Listen to skinny, get s 8’s and a 12" that would be bomb and then looks for like an eclipse CD7000, it will allow you to adjust everything with a true 3 way cross over setup, Speakers play to 200HZ 8’s play from 200HZ to 90HZ and 12’s from 90Hz to 20 HZ,

Those numbers are just base numbers, it would all depend on the equipment.

I will help you but I need an honest answer first.

Do you want sounds quality or do you want to attempt to pick up girls with your bass??

its gotta sound nice,pound hard, and scare the hell outa ppl. loud clear, and nice pref. but i also want it to be a good setup for all kinds of music not just rap, i listen to rap alot but i listen to other stuff aswell, country being one of them (dont laugh) lol i live in the country so o well lol and rock and such so i want it to sound good for all of them, and yet still pound like hell and sound clear, and shake the truck:D

thanks benson… but country is shit no matter how you look at it. if i were going to listen to it on my system i would go for quality over quanity. there is nothing worst then someone who buys subs but no speakers, so you can’t hear anything but the thump. if you are going to be listening to country then get a good set of components like fusion (cheap price but sounds good) or like anything that future shop or best buy doesn’t sell! if i were you i would probably go for two 12’s and a 8 or two 8’s and a 12. you’d get thump and it would sound amazing. and that eclispe deck is mint i have the model down from that and i love it. say away from 15’s if you listen to rap cuz the bass is usually to quick for the sub.

oic thx alot ppl , ya well i was going to go with all alpine speakers all around and mb even add some more extra speakers beside the subs, i was plannin on buying all tht but i also want the pound but be able to hear the music i mean good speakers and such i like the alpine’s there expensive but u want good quality i kno you have to pay for it

prob unless u guys reccommend other speakers? and also where can u usually get those eclipse decks? who sell em?

apparently everything FS sells is shit so I guess I can not make any recomendations,.

HA
just sit in my work can and tell me that it does not sounds great :wink:

i nvr said tht? im :S lol n e wayz ya i was going to get alpine all around speakers, have my two 12’s and then have two 8’’ mb kicker subs cuz they look decent, and mb tht eclipse deck but i dunno where to get it ive seen one on ebay but might as well buy it here cuz it was like 400 without shippin+tax etc

esclipse decks can be bought from final lap. i dunno if there are any in toronto but i know theres one in london and one in kingston. sorry if i said FS was shit, but i have had some bad experiences with the one down here so i stay away, and they always do shitty installs.

try the rockford site they sometimes have some helpful tips
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/box_wizard.asp