not technical but stereo for the spec

k so im looking at getting a system in the spec since its winter and theres no point in buying performance mods.

this is the deck im probably going to get.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10071349&catid=21981

but i dont know what subs and amp to get…

i was told to get the deepest bass i want a 12" as for brand, im going to listen to them all and
just buy the one that is cheap and sounds awesome.probably alpine sub

and for the amp… im really not sure what to get.

and if thats all im running is a sub off my amp(stock speakers are pretty good)
then do i really need a power capacitor, so i dont kill the alternater?

and last… does anyone know someone that works at best buy???
my reason for asking is because car stereo’s are marked up like crazy and if i can find some that works at best buy/future shop then i can like 60% off the price!!!

k thanks

Nice deck but WOW on the price! I bought a 05 alpine mp3 deck brand new for 200. What do you want in the deck to do and why are you getting a 600$ one. It doesnt play movies or anything…

As for you sub selection. A 12 inch is a good choice if you want some deep base. Go for a 15 inch if you want retarded base. Personally I like 10inch. I listen to alot of trance/techno and crisp base is the best for that. Rap is a little diferent though. Alpine is always a safe bet. And I would wait for a sale like after christmas or when they are getting rid of the 06 stuff. Thats when you can get good deals.

PS: Best Buy and Future Shop dont sell Alpine. Try Visions or A&B.

well i dont want a sub that is too big and heavy either! i didnt even want a 12 but might as well get what i want right?(i listen to rap and trance stuff btw)

as for the deck… i figure get the best so its good for along time.

i know a friend that works there and he can get me deals like 60% but im not sure if hes going to follow through or not thats why i asked if anyone else knew anyone at best buy. and this is the other reason im getting the expensive stuff, because after 60% off its only like 250 anyways for the deck!

bump i really need to know this stuff, thanks guys.

How much u wanna spend on Sub/Amp? I Got 2 12"s (240$ for both) and a 350w Amp (220$ish). In a sealed box (easiest box to make) and they sound great for sound quality. If yer at the Nov meet I’ll show u em. Also, last year I got my deck for 230$ from Visions boxing day sale… It usually sold at 500$. So I dunno… if you’re willing to wait in line for hrs… It prob would be worth it.

im not sure, hopefully less then 500 for sub and amp, i only want 1 12" bc i dont want alot of weight in the trunk,(slow me down) and thats pleanty, i still want to be able to hear!

and i know somebody as best buy that can get me some deals but im not sure if he will or not so maby ill have to wait till boxing day but ya.

what deck? ,im only looking for pioneer, and it has to have an aux in the front or back for my ipod.

My decks an Alpine. I’m about 80% to go to the Nov meet so I’ll let u hear it for sure if I do go. I’ve heard Alpine Type Rs are good sound quality in a sealed box. Those are rated at 500w RMS which’ll be plenty loud for a daily driver. Also when I was shopping around for decks before I bought my Alpine I remember Subserious Car Audio was the cheapest. Though their shop looks pretty seedy… I never did buy from them cuz of the Boxing Day sale deal. Everywhere was pretty standard for pricing.

yah thats exactially what i was thinking was alpine typeR for the sub,

do i need to get a power capacitor? so i dont kill my alternator?

Maybe not sure… I only had problems with my battery with mine (350w RMS for Subs and 100x2 rms for my components). But I think that was only cuz my battery was pooched anyways. My alternator still charges fine with stereo cranked, ac, and headlights on.

do your lights dim?
because if your running 2 12"s and im only getting 1 12" then i should be fine.

i talked my gf in to going to the meet nov 5, i wont be there long, im going to get my membership then too, so 20 min max ill be there.

2 12"s are way to heavy for me, i dont want to be slowed down to much!

Yea, I just don’t wanna tell you “No problems! Give er guns!” and then 1 week later alternator = gonezo… Haha. No light dimming. With my bad battery I’d get alternator whine thru the speakers. With new battery none.

sweet screw the power cap then, i was told i should probably get one but im not getting a full system just a deck/amp and 12"sub if i cant get all this through my buddy from best buy then boxing day ill get it, buy online and no lines LOL

thanks for the info see u at the meet then.

www.sonicelectronix.com is a good place for car audio. It’s states based though so you will get dinged for extra duties and the dollar exchange. I bought my sub amp and set of Alpine Type-R Coaxs thru here, and both those cost me another 50$ when it got to the door. What yer gonna find is the most expensive is the amp.

Here’s an Alpine Type-R

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4243.html (135$ not shipped Canadian)

To match the sub power

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2790.html (300$ unshipped)

If you underpower some

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6750.html (225$ unshipped)

The shipping quote for me in South Edmonton is 25$ on each of those. I dunno if they bundle the shipping into one or what. But yea. Expect extra 75-100$ on prices for Shipping/Duties just for no surprises. I found even with the extra 50$ I was still way cheaper than anything locally. The only problem is if u have to warranty anything you gotta mail it back. I haven’t had a problem with either of my items I ordered and they packaged em very well.

Found the deck you were looking at

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7217.html (415$ unshipped Canadian)

wow sweet thanks for all the help bud, awesome!