Stereo

OK, besides my gas problems I have had it with my stereo. Please lets see pics and hear about your installs. I have a Dennon deck and 12 pack changer but need input on speakers, amps and subs. Just looking for a nice sounding flexible sound. Not into blowing my eardrums to hell! I listen to enough machinery at work all day. Gotta make my KISS discs come alive though. I have a hatch so those applications mostly please. :partyman:

I have a 500W RMS DVC 10 inch for sale made by rockford with 2 years warrenty left in a box with a 450W RMS mono amp for sale with 1 year left on warrenty. I can give you the receits so you have warrenty. I ran it with some chap junkyard speakers out of a nerwver car that were made by bose for a bit. Sounded really good but even better opne i put my JL speakers in.

PM me for pictures if interested.

It was lound when you wanted but was perfect for quality.

What size speakers are in the rear of the hatches?
What kind of power is your deck rated at? RMS?
Is it a decent model or a peice of crap?

If you have a decent deck and aren’t looking for really loud music, then I would run some lower power rated speakers right off the deck. If you want more voluum or better quality then nothing can match a set of properly powered (amped) component speakers.
Assuming you power them off the deck(much cheaper and easier) I would get something rated at between 20-40 watts RMS and no more than 120watts peak power. If you get something rated higher than that, you will start to run into the problem of having to push your decks’ amp really hard to achive your desired volume. This will increase the decks heat, reducing it’s life and sometimes even damaging CD’s. And will cause it to put out “dirty power” that will slowly ruin your speakers with small levels of distortion.
Now, for the sub, I would recomend a single sub with a decent sized SEALED box(ported and bandpass box’s increase volume but decrease quality). Doesn’t need to take up the whole trunk or anything!! but the bigger the box the more the air inside reverberates and the louder the volume it can produce with the same amount of power. I would also stick with a 10" or a 8" as it’s tight, quick response will increase your musics quality, but may reduce over all volume(but you made it sound like you want quality). A properly designed, custom sub box can mutiply the volume and quality of a good sub if the builder know’s what they are doing, and it will look alot better too. Always use large power/ground wires, ground the amp as close to the amp as possible. Put an inline fuse on the power wires within 2feet of the battery. Make sure your battery and alternator are working well or they may not be able to handle the increased loud of your stereo, get them checked!
I have found Clarion and Pioneer Premier to be good quality speakers within the lowest price range. The more money you spend for better speakers, the more power you must give them to make them sound good.
Anyway, I have rambled on enough!! Ask anyquestion you have!

I have a Clarion deck sitting on my floor at the moment. I need it installed, and I have no idea how. Shit’s greek to me. There’s no way I’m going back to future shop for it to be installed though. I don’t have my receipt and I’m not paying $50 for it. Anyone know how and want to give me a hand, or atleast help me out?
Please and thanks.

Yea my system was in a box that was sealed about 12X12X11. Its about the highest you can go in a hatch and still keep the privacy cover. And my speakers are still being run off the deck. I might add a small amp to power my front ones once i take out my 4x6’s and instal 6.25’s components.

And steve you have a PM.

RS13:
Yeah, running a small amp on your front components would be really nice. Less distortion, and reduce the strain on the deck.

RPS13:
I would help you out but I live really far away. One thing that makes the job alot easyer is go to a store that sells car audio and get a harness adapter for a 19** nissan. The deck has a harness, and this will plug into the cars harness, so all there is left to do is attach the coloured wires together. Makes the job alot easyer, no cutting, harder to screw up, well worth the extra $10.

actualy on JDM S13’s you have to make your own ground. Its not located in the factory harness in the car.

I got 2 18" vega strokers duel 2. that will amke your car sound … nice. AND LOUD.

I used to compeate in DB Drag before I got into Nissans. Had the top 5 in Canada for street class. If you guys want help to design a box for your hatchs I can give you my 2 cents.

Yeah, your right about the ground, I forgot that.
But my deck and wiring harness adapter came with all i needed to attach it to a ground source, so it was really easy. Didn’t require any cutting or anything, just a screw.

Oh thats good! :smiley: