Car Audio Setups

Hi guys, I was just wondering what people are running in their cars. I wanted to start a thread with people postings pics of their car audio setups, what size speakers/subs they have, where they placed them etc. I’m planning on setting up a basic system in a 93 hatch, and need inspiration and confirmation of whats easy and possible to do (recommendations would be awesome :slight_smile: ), as many other people probably do as well.

If this thread is breaking any rules, please delete/ignore.

Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/realest-azn/img2869ji9.jpg

2 12 " mtx subs and 2 10 # rockford subs and 2 infinity amps. the cover things n such were done fairly okay i guess…just some wood and leather covering it with a nissan emblem in the middle. but i actually sold 2 of the 12" subs and one amp in place for a strut bar.

i have a 12mtx sub in box from canadain tire work really good for the price,schoce amp,schoce capacitor and wiring system.

two 6x9’s ready to be taking out if a drift battle happens and 4" rounds. u can here me coming down the street shiiit
also looking at putn the 6x9’s in a shoe box to save weight

I got 1 12 inch infinity sub in bassworx box, 2 pioneer speakers in the back, 2 6x9 Audio bahn speakers, mtx amp.

Pioneer Premier deck with Focal Polyglass 6.5" components in the doors…that’s all that is needed for me.:slight_smile:

1 800w RF amp
2 12" RF punch he2
1 400w RF amp
2 jl audio something or others in the front for now
some shiuzzle in the back
panasonic head unit
clarion blue tooth deck
1 cap
and im tossing in onbe more 640 watt amp as well as some Kicker RMB6 midbass drivers and some phoenix gold Octane r 5.0 components

would also like to state that there is enough bass to make a nuns cunt wetter then the pacific ocean

thats alot of stuff man. glad to hear u have 2 less subs. realistically unless u want to have super bass one 12 inch sub is good enough to have punch, as long as its a good sub powered by a good amp. Follow that up with 6.5 inch co axles in the front with tweeters and ur golden u dont need anymore than that for nice music. power the 6.5’s by a hpf aswell

I was just wondering, would an aftermarket set of 6.5" Pioneer speakers fit all round directly (as in, are the holes gonna match, will it have enough clearance etc…)? I was supposed to get my 240 today, but it failed emissions lol, so I can’t take off door panels, or check the hatch.

no, for the front you need custom mounts/enclosures

for the rear in a hatch youll need custom mounts/enclosures

for the rear in a coupe, 6.5s will drop in

i wouldnt worry too much about the rears. u really want the fronts to be the main focus. u can get the mounts off ebay for $20. u hear ur music from the front not the rear.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/4x6-To-6-Nissan-240SX-s13-89-94-Speaker-Adapter-6-5_W0QQitemZ310010506153QQihZ021QQcategoryZ38646QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alpine type r in a bandpass box tuned to alpine spec, ultimate T2 510C compoents, JBL cs200.1 464 amp, 0awg wires all around, 1.4 farad cap, eclipse cd3000 H/U = 141 db

In a true SQ set up, rears serve no purpose, since the main goal is to re create the sound from INFRONT of you, like having the stage in front of you. Rears just make this goal harder, some don’t even run rears due to this fact. You want a nice set of components and live quality is the main goal.

i got 1 10" infinity perfect sub (1400w) and the quality is amazing. then im running 2 6x9s in the back and 2 6.5s in the front. with an MTX 2002 amp… i think for the setup it sounds fantastic… crisp bass… for a hatch i dont think you need too much more but personal preference i guess.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2716/1000881qx4.th.jpg

Are you looking for a SQ or SPL set up out of this? Probably the first question, then what is your budget? Then go from there, make sure you have the power/ wiring to support what your trying to do, your system is only as good as its weakest part.

Dude don’t go crazy with subs and amps etc. etc. I used to have 4 "12"inch JL audio subs powered by Orion amps in my car with Phoenix gold crossovers and blah blah blah. I sold evertyhing and I went with something more basic like 2 “12” s in a box and even that was too much I sold the 12’s too …End result you get bad hearing, things in your car start to loosen up and rattle and you add weight your car!

Go with a nice basic set up. I sold everthing, I only kept my component speakers, and one Orion amp. I bought a real good 10 inch sub in a box which I use my Orion amp to power it and it sounds awesome.
The best thing to do is get good quality component speakers, a good amp something made in USA preferably, and a real good sub like a 10 inch JL audio W6 in a pro. built enclosure. You will get excellent sound and bass especially if your car is a hatch without the weight and you will still have some trunk space.
If you go to these car audio shops they will try to sell you anything they got in stock and they try to tell you it’s the best you can buy.
If you live close to the airport I have a friend who does installations on the side he can hook you up with a kick ass deal, let me know if your interested.

Just remember one thing… better sound doesn’t help your car perform better or go faster. Car audio= waste of money.

i dont use rear speakers… when i had my last stereo in anyways.

Boston Pro 5.5’s in the front and ARC subs in the trunk. I’ll probably go with a single ten and run it all off one 3 channel in the future.

get good comps up front and a decent amp with lots of headroom. Don’t run speaks of the deck.

I use Focal K2 Poly Kevlar components for front, Focal PolyGlass for the rear fill and a single Kicker 8" CVR sub in a small enclosure. Super simple, super light and sounds awesome.

Anyone know of a good audio shop I need a custom sub enclosure for 2 10’s an amp and farad cap where my rear seats used to be.

heres my set up 2 10inch JL W1v2, with a 800 watt kenwood amp pushing them. hidden in the side compartment. this pic is very old its when the car was still yellow but its an idea…