Car in storage 7 years

So not this year, most likely next spring, I want to get my '86 300zx out of storage. It has been sitting since late '06 when I got sick, in a storage unit. No idea how much gas was in it, battery is still hooked up, it hasnt been moved or started in that time. Yeah I know, not good, oh well. So based off that, what are suggestions to what I need to do before starting it?

From what I have read;

New Oil & Filter
Pull plugs and put some oil in cylinders (Marvel Mystery Oil was a suggestion)
Drain old gas, add fresh.
New Battery

Anything else, other ideas, am I missing anything? Thanks

Check for nests in the engine bay man, especially near the rad fan and accessory belts

check the condition of all rubber lines/belts/hoses/seals- some are probably dry rotted.

After that pull the motor, scrap it and drop in an LS1 and t56.

PJB spewing troof on a sunday morning… preach on brother, preach on :rofl

I’d unplug the distributer or coils and crank it over before actually starting It. That way it primes the oil system and gets oil to the heads.

^Good idea there.
Tires could be flat spotted/dry rotted.

Sitting is better than starting and shutting off engine wise . That way motor won’t pull in moisture , fresh oil change check the basics etc just to get it going then get it on a lift and look at the car .

Take it out of the garage. Do burnout to get flat spots out. No lift shift every single gear. Drive it like you stole it. Maybe wash it. That’s what i’d do.

As well as I !!!

But most of the time my car is in storage with no motor Soooooo its all knew when it does come out and no better way to break it in than a good w.o.t run

You might want to take out the injectors and clean them also, as well as drain the fuel out of the lines.

Nah just add some fresh fuel , seafoam and drive it thru , once its ready for more gas fill it , replace fuel filter add more seafoam and he will be ok .

I recomend cranking that thing a bit to attempt to build up oil pressure. My sr sat for 2 years while I got a new turbo and the weak old oil pump lost its prime. Was a pita to get pressure back too. I can guarentee any gas in there is now varnish/keroseene. If you can drain it, do so. If not get some fresh gas and put it in then run it dry and new gas as well as filter. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Match,gasoline,fire,insurance check,new car in that order.

J/k everything you need to do has been posted ITT so good luck and make sure you document it with pics!

If the motor turns over, has good oil, and gas that will burn just crank the bitch over and fire it up. There isn’t anything that is going to get worse that already isn’t there anyway. Obviously change the oil and add fresh fuel before you go driving off with it.

Had it been sitting outside for awhile, yeah I’d pull the plugs and put mm in the bores for awhile and go nuts checking things. The whole reason for putting it IN storage is so you don’t have to do all this stuff

What Adam said, fresh battery and oil change then see how it runs. Sure it’ll probably be kinda sluggish till you burn the old fuel, but if it was stored inside you shouldn’t have too many problems.

Yeah its in a 10x20 concrete floor, with lots of crap around it lol. Thanks for tips guys.

Fart in the intake tube, fire it up. Should clean that machine right up.

Just start it. That’s what I’d do.

id fuck the exhaust tip