Car Related Job Question

This is probably a long shot on here, but I figured I’d give it a go anyways…

I’m looking for a new job, more over, I’m looking for something to do with cars. Right now I’m at a dead-end job (Dibella’s Subs if you don’t know me) and its been almost 3 years now, I’m ready to throw in the towel to this place. Luckily, this place does make a great reference for future jobs so w/e.

So basically my question is- Anyone know any place thats hiring or will hire part-time without needing an extensive automotive background? By that, I mean I’m no master mechanic nor have I been around cars for 20+ years. Simply looking for another part-time job that pays better than $8 an hour and brings home enough money to make car payments.

IE: Advanced Auto, Carquest, NAPA, ect.

If anyone knows anything about this, I figured you guys would. Thanks.

Are you currently in school? Do you have any formal education besides a Diploma?

Delta Sonic

just breed geckos and sell them!

sears is hiring for retail and auto.

autozone ftw

I know a lot of people that work there, and they sure do hate it lol

Yeah full-time, and no I don’t.

hahaha

really?? what locations?

You’re simply looking for a job that pays more than 8/hr? Dude you gotta moved out of Tonawanda. Mexicans are making more more than 15/hr off the book doing construction or landscaping. Just something to think about. Go back to school and get a formal education.

Go sell cell phones, good money, not hard work at all.

I could have been a mechanic but I don’t want my work to conflict with my hobby so I stayed away from it. I do side work, but its because I love to work on autos, and don’t want to do it every day. If your hobby is autos consider taking a different row. At least I know I used to hate cutting my own grass because that’s what I did for a living. I can recommend you for a job as a maintenance mechanic at Sorrento cheese. That’s a great gob if you know your stuff and can learn quick. You also need your own tools. Pm me if interested, ill tell you how to get an application. Starting pay is 16.88 with full benefits, 401k and teamsters union. After 90 days its somewhere around 19.90 and hour. They also have part time in other fields.

:word: i worked on cars for a living for a year, and i am still in the business by working at a parts store now. it honestly makes me not want to touch my car anymore. I will come home from work and have absolutely no desire to go in the garage and tinker with my car, because i’ve been dealing with cars all day. if i’ve learned anything, the auto industry involves a shit ton of work, shitty conditions a lot of times, and doesnt pay much at all. you really have to have a passion to work on cars and love the job to do it. when i worked at paddock, there were some guys that were there for 20 years, and i honestly have no idea how they do it for that long. not trying to talk you out of anything, but just FYI from my experience.

I am counting the days (6 left!!!) until i start my paid training for my new job, and then I will only work at the parts store for like 4 hours or so on saturday morning just to keep my discount and keep my foot in the door just in case i want to pick up some evening hours or whatever down the road for some extra $$

lol, i think u might’ve taken this post differently from what i intended, I’m a full time student at Buff State, so its not a matter of me needing a formal education, I’m in the Tech Ed program so I have enough experiance around this kinda stuff lol, I’d do construction, actually I’d do anything besides food, i’ve had enough with the food industry lol.

yeah i’ve actually heard of stories like this too, I’m not looking for a career though, just something that simply pays more than I’m making now. I figured with something to do with automotives, I might pick up some informal education along the lines that would benefit me. Just an idea u know?

Washing cars in the freezing cold probably sucks,especially with high winds blowing it on you.

I would not reccomend getting a job at a place that involves anything you love. I played tennis in college, and as a junior for about 17 years, I could have been a coach anywhere in the world, making good money. But when you do something for you for so long, it’s hard to do it for a living for others. It takes a special breed…

Definately DON’T do that.

You’re a college kid. You need decent money with not many hours. Take tables at a corporate restaurant.