Car Show Opinions

Hey Cutty, the Elise would own any G-body:tounge:

i’m sure the Boostjunkie would disagree. i think a g-body would run right over the top of that car.

who is this boooooooooosthunkie!!!:confused:

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
I spent almost five hours at the car show with a guy from work looking at every car. My opinions:

• don’t like new Grand Prix interior

• Bonneville is okay

• GM and Ford really need to work on interior quality

• liked a lot of the Mazda/Nissan/VW interiors (and of course the more expensive ones too). I really seemed to like the VW ones. Am I turning into a tree hugger? :grouphug: :slight_smile:

• there a lot of boring cars out

• most of the cars I would like to buy are >$30K :frowning:

• quote from guy from work “The Lincolns make my ass happy.”

• quote from me about the Lincoln “It just screams drive slow in the fast lane with the blinker on.”

• We REALLY need to have a Pittspeed meet at Beaver Run. I don’t care if it’s karts, open lap day, rally instruction, etc. If you go to the show pick up one of their brochures.

I was at the autoshow last night… it was ok… after SEMA these shows are hella small…

1st let me say that Mercedez Benz just took the cake at that show. There cars are just unreal… there was a new E320 4matic there up on a lil platform, I sat in it anyways and it was just unreal… I think the sticker was like $53K which was cheap compared to the other cars, the S430 was 79K, the SL500 was 95K… I thought the E class was really nice for the price, if we didnt have the roads around here like we do I would get that instead of a new denali.

• as far as GM interiors are concerned… I really like them compared to Ford and others. Oviously the imports / Mercedez Benz / BMW have the nice interiors, but GM’s bigger line has 1st class interior… go check out the new escalade / denali interior and the seats… I thought they were one of the most comfortable there (besides the S class).

• VW’s were awsome at the show… the interior of the new A4 really didnt impress me like that kids did at WOW with the silver a4. The Pheaton looks pretty cool, but car and driver rated it like 2nd or 3rd to last on their luxury car shootout (75K-89K). All in all VW has got a nice line up going except the bug which IMO is a POS.

all in all it was a pretty cool show

Originally posted by ChopNDrop
Hey Cutty, the Elise would own any G-body:tounge:

OMG-- you dare say that to the G-body king??

Originally posted by Cutty
The elise looked really shitty, its way to small.

Jesus Christ… Redneck alert…

The whole fucking PHILOSOPHY of the Elise is to have the most light, small, nimble package possible. That’s why an Elise with a 2.2L engine kills most production cars! It only weighs one ton.

please quit using that fraise please!!!(Jesus Christ… )

Originally posted by Pewterss
please quit using that fraise please!!!(Jesus Christ… )

seriously?

I went last night. Wasn’t too impressed. There were some cool cars there though. It’s funny to see people ooh and aah over cars you see every day. But anyway, I would die for an Elise. I’ve been waiting for years for them to bring it over. About the 2.2, you should see what Opel can do with one of those. Light and fast, tis a great combination.

Originally posted by RacerXXX
I went last night. Wasn’t too impressed. There were some cool cars there though. It’s funny to see people ooh and aah over cars you see every day. But anyway, I would die for an Elise. I’ve been waiting for years for them to bring it over. About the 2.2, you should see what Opel can do with one of those. Light and fast, tis a great combination.

it’s not an Opel engine…

in America, the Elise comes with a far superior Toyota engine…

the Elise in Europe comes with the much less powerful Opel engine…

for once we don’t get the short end of the stick!

Originally posted by michaelblanyer
seriously?
yes!!!

Originally posted by Pewterss
yes!!!

sorry then… i didn’t know it was offensive.

it’s not an Opel engine…

in America, the Elise comes with a far superior Toyota engine…

the Elise in Europe comes with the much less powerful Opel engine…

for once we don’t get the short end of the stick!

Which Toyota engine?? I thought it was going to have a beefed up ecotech??

sorry then… i didn’t know it was offensive.
thanks!!!:slight_smile:

The Elise is FUGLY!!! too much going on there. Looks like a fucking kit car. who cares if its light, i’ll take that 5,600 pound rolls and run right through it.