Car Sub/amp wiring help

Hello, Dont know if this is the right place to post, or if anybody can help but I could really use some help on installing a stereo system . Im wiring a line out converter off of the 2 rear speakers. My problem is I wish to use a stand alone battery in the trunk, apposed to off the car’s battery. I have a diagram of what im planning on doing.

Couple Questions:

1. is there a need to wire the negative terminal on the battery(ground it)?
  2. using the stock Head unit will my jerry rigged remote wire with an on/off switch work in the same fashion as if i wired it directly to an accessory fuse or just wired it into the stock head unit remote wire?

Any other help or tips is much appreciated!

Link to diagram V

ground the rear battery to the car, ground the amp to the battery. your switch will work, run it from rem to switch to power. you also need power and ground to the converter if im not mistaken.

thats good and all but wont last to long. how do u plan on charging the battery with the way u want to wire it??

Thanks for the reply. system is installs and works great. And to answer how to charge. take it out n use a battery charger on it when it dies.

Just run a wire from the positive of the rear battery to the front battery so the alternator will charge it. Your rear battery will discharge really quick if not recharged.