Car won't start this morning

Went to start my car this morning and it was a no go… it would almost turn over then the dash lights would go out. I tried it again and the clock reset and did the same. I thought it was a dead battery at first but the lights etc. came on after attempting to start. Would this be the alternator or the starter? Last night it turned over a few times before starting as well - I just thought it was because of the cold. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jason

sometimes i have the same problem… where i would try to turn the car on and all the lights dash would just shut off on me… i would go check and my negative battery cable is kinda loose… i would just give it a little nudge and i can see all my interior lights kick back in and the door ding… lol…

id say check your battery connections first.

The last time I tried to start it, the radio, dash lights came on after I turned the key back to “acc”. So it seems like its draining the battery to try to start it but it doesn’t catch.

Jason

hmmm soo you get power but your engine doesnt crank and everything dims when you try???

im guessing you dont have enough battery power to turn over the engine??? or could it be the starter?? but the starter failing wouldnt cause everything to dim when trying…

anyone else have pointer?? id say its the battery not being able to produce enough crank power… have you tried hooking up another battery?? or using cables onto another car that works and start it up?

Took the battery to Crappy Tire to test it… it was at 2.4 volts! Any suggestions for a good replacement battery that isn’t ridiculously expensive?

Jason

Replaced the battery… all is well.

Thanks.

Jason

did you happen to use a dry cell? i’m looking for a moderately priced one at the moment…