Carlisle Articles

I just figured for those who attended and were wondering what was said about the show locally, could read about so of the stuff I find today.

This first one is interesting since I didn’t realize the guy with the h22 honda and gas mask they wouldn;t let into the burn out contest was banned from all carlisle events…lol

BY JOE ELIAS
Of Our Carlisle Bureau

Promoters of this weekend’s Carlisle Custom Compact car show wanted a smoothly run event, so they moved their show to the Farm Show Complex and they banned alcohol.

They also banned Mikie Swartz.

From Our Advertiser

Swartz, 26, of North Middleton Twp., is familiar to many of the thousands who attended the previous three shows as an undefeated burnout champion. Burnout drivers rev their engines and spin their tires to see who creates the loudest noise and builds up the most smoke.

John Detrick, CEO of the promoter Carlisle Events, said Swartz is more than that. Detrick said he is one reason for moving the show from the Carlisle Fairgrounds to Harrisburg.

When Swartz wasn’t wowing the crowds with his award-winning burnouts, Detrick said, he and his friends were inciting the crowd, specifically young women, into exposing themselves for video cameras.

Swartz said he was banned when Carlisle Events officials learned he was going to sell DVDs of the antics he had filmed.

“That is one of the things we wanted to get away from,” Detrick said. “Mikie Swartz is not welcome here. We don’t want to see him anywhere around here.”

In April, lawyers from the Mechanicsburg firm of Reidenbach, Henderson and Pecht, representing Carlisle Events, sent Swartz a letter warning he would be arrested if he tried to attend any Carlisle Events shows and threatened legal action if he sold the DVDs.

“If you release any image that in any way adversely affects the reputation of Carlisle Productions Inc., … we will immediately take legal action against you,” the letter read.

The letter also said Swartz didn’t have permission from Carlisle Events to market its images on the video or permission from the women seen in the video.

Swartz ignored the threats and attended yesterday’s show with the benefit of a disguise he wore until he passed through the gates. He said he wasn’t doing any filming this year, at least not personally.

Swartz said the DVD, which he is marketing on his Web site, www.whiplashdvd.com, contains footage of his burnout show routines as well as images of women bearing their breasts and scenes from previous Custom Compact shows, including bikini contests.

Swartz likened the nudity to scenes on the streets of New Orleans during Mardi Gras or in a “Girls Gone Wild” video.

“It’s the kind of things that went on at the shows,” Swartz said. “Now, John Detrick and the people at the car show don’t want people to see them.”

Swartz said footage from other car shows around the country are also included.

This weekend’s show in Harrisburg includes a beauty contest and a bikini bull-riding contest as well as numerous scantily clad female models hired by vendors to promote the cars and other products.

The crowds include thousands of young men carrying video cameras, cameras, digital cameras and cellular phones and taking pictures of the models and other young women.

Swartz said he didn’t see why Carlisle Events was making a big deal over his DVD when thousands of other people were taking pictures of women at the show.

“This is what people do at these shows,” Swartz said. “There’s a lot of men and women looking at each other.”

JOE ELIAS: 249-2006 or jelias@patriot-news.com

is that the black hatchback that blows the front bumper off?

yeah he was going to go on at the burnout comp then they kicked him out… everyone was wondering what was going on

:rofl:

I remember the first year he came… He got my picture in Super Street! :smiley:

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

More than 100 people were arrested as police in Harrisburg and Susquehanna Twp. handled a car show that relocated from Carlisle to Harrisburg this year.

Police in Harrisburg made more than 100 arrests linked to the Carlisle Custom Compact car show, held during the weekend at the state Farm Show Complex.

From Our Advertiser

Susquehanna Twp. police said they made another 30 or so related arrests at motels in their township.

Most of the arrests involved underage drinking, indecent exposure and disorderly conduct.

EDIT - for some reason they had a bunch of shit lumped into this one

honeslty though, doesnt 100+ citation add up to free money for the township???

thats what I was thinking.

Thats why it never made sence that carlisle complained especialloy with how small of a dirt town carlisle is. not only did they loose that money but all the buisnesses lost money for that weekend… :dunno:

ticket and citation money, the majority of it, im talking 90%+ goes to the state, the little towns don’t get shit.

even more reason to let the minor shit like window tint and shit go for the weekend of the show.

hence the reason I don’t like shows…a bunch of tool bags go…take me a NHRA maple grove bitches

like you don’t have a bunch of tool bags showing up at tracks.

IE test and tune nights and so forth. There are a bunch of tool bags in all aspects of the automotive hobby, weather it be shows, curises, races, or what ever else you can think of.

wow PRP have tool bags no way…you have to deal with them for 5 hours not 3 days. big events don’t put up with that shit.

This shit goes on every where no matter how big the event. The bigger the event the less its known about.

yea, they pulled about 12 of us over after leaving the show sunday, just as we were getting on to the turnpike…

for our fucking 2 by 2 inch show decals and window drops

some got 105 fines and such, he let me off because i took mine off immediately and my “probe” decal is pretty high on the windshiled and as he said “yours isn’t TOO bad, but still illegal. it needs to be transparent”

:blah: federal regulations… cracking down now… :blah:

:owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned:

Did they have 12 cop cars to pull you over with? Because there isn’t any way I’m pulling over unless there is a cop car directly behind me, not with 1 car between us or something.

nope, i was the lead car of about 15 all headed onto the turnpike to go home and he came FLYING by me whipped across the front of my car, pulled over, jumped out and started pointing at which cars he wanted pulled over. which was somewhere around 10-12 and then he walked down the row, let about half go and the rest either got written up and fined or let off like me.

ohhhh ok, my mistake, I thought he pulled you over on the turnpike, I was gonna say damn if I wasn’t the lead car or the last car I woulda pulled into the passing lane and been gone… I’m special enough that I think I should get a cop car all to myself, lol