Carlisle events to Hold event at Norwalk Raceway..

Well its offical. Carlisle events is making another show next year in addition to Moving the Compact nationals to Harrisburg. This event though will have a Show/Drag aspect of it and Is going to Be south of sandusky ohio in Norwalk.

Now I know a lot of you guys Hate the sport compact scene but I’m just trying to spead the word. So please don;t flame me. :bigthumb:

Also I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this post but if it needs to be moved please feel free, well except the garbage can.

Carlisle Events partners with Norwalk Raceway for sport compact show
10/23/2003
MEDIA CONTACT (NOT FOR PUBLICATION): Becky Kunzman, (717)243-7855, ext. 116; beckyk@carsatcarlisle.com

Show field, drag racing featured at Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk

CARLISLE, PA – Carlisle Events has teamed up with Norwalk (Ohio) Raceway Park to produce Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk, an event featuring a show field and drag racing as well as other exciting activities. Held July 16-17, 2004, at Norwalk Raceway Park, the show will be a must-attend event for all sport compact car enthusiasts.

Although a sport compact show has been held at Norwalk Raceway Park since 1998, this event will differ in that it’s a two-day show and will have many more activities. The producers expect the show to grow tremendously in 2004. All 225 acres of the park will be available for this event, which will include a show field displaying all the hottest sport compacts customized from mild to radical.

Drag racing will be a huge attraction at the raceway. A large assortment of vendors will offer all sorts of aftermarket products and accessories. Activities at Norwalk in the past have included burnout contests, rock climbing, drag racing, sound-off competitions and seminars. Many other forms of entertainment will delight auto enthusiasts of all ages at the 2004 event.

The fact that Carlisle Events is producing this show in addition to its own Carlisle Custom Compact at Harrisburg event confirms the company’s commitment to younger automotive hobbyists. “We’ve maintained our commitment to the youth audience,” John Detrick, Carlisle Events’ CEO, said. “Our future is in nurturing the next generation. They are the single largest age group to ever impact the automotive hobby. This demographic is important not only to this business, but to the overall economy.”

“If I were 40 years younger, I’d either be dreaming of or owning a custom compact. No question about it!” says Chip Miller, co-owner of Carlisle Events. “I feel qualified in saying that the custom compact interest is a healthy thing – not only for the young people who own, modify or just admire them, but for the whole car hobby. These ‘kids’ are our future – they will carry the collector car torch into the next decades. I’m excited to be associated with the production of events for them.”

Bill Bader Jr., president of Norwalk Raceway Park, is also looking forward to the partnership between the two companies. “Carlisle Events, in short order, was able to grow a pretty large event. I would hope that this would become the largest sport compact event east of the Mississippi,” he said. “The sport compact event (at Norwalk) was a one-day deal, and it was nice what it was. We wanted to take it to the next level. … I realized immediately after having talked with John (Detrick) that the organizations are very similar in terms of business philosophy, in terms of integrity, and in terms of commitment to excellence. The culture and the environment are so similar that this thing is destined for incredible success. I’m just thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Carlisle Events, and I’m excited about the future.”

“Carlisle Events’ partnership with Bill Bader Jr. and Norwalk Raceway Park is an important step into our future and the future of these events,” adds Carlisle Events’ Chip Miller. “Norwalk Raceway Park is a perfect facility to produce a custom compact show, and its staff will work with ours to produce one of the finest events of its type in the country. We are focused and dedicated to continuing our presence in this growing market.”

Carlisle Events’ co-owner Bill Miller couldn’t agree more. “Our team and the Norwalk Raceway Park team will band together to present the finest custom compact show in the Mid-West,” he said. “Just think – the magic of Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals paired with the famous Norwalk 200-acre drag strip facility has to be the perfect match. All the excitement of the Carlisle show and drag racing to boot will make this a super event.”

The 2004 edition of the Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk event takes place July 16-17. For information, call the Carlisle Events Info Line at (717) 243-7855, or visit www.customcompact.com. Don’t forget to sign up for the e-newsletter to be the first to get updates on Carlisle Custom Compact at Norwalk.

Carlisle Events, host of more than 10 collector car, truck and motorcycle events each year, attracted more than half a million people to its events in 2003. Included in the annual schedule are two huge automotive swap meets and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, sport compacts and imports. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the “Cars at Carlisle” shows have attracted automotive enthusiasts from around the world.

#

You may also obtain photos by calling (717) 243-7855.

neat… sorta pointless to call it carlisle anything if it’s in norwalk… right? :confused:

hopfully the drunken idiots will be kept to a minimum so they do this every year.

drag racing is good!

isnt that same dude from carisle thats saying in that post above that they want the import worlds business now… didnt he say before that the import scene was too much trouble and we were never welcome back again…??

Originally posted by SP71Supra
isnt that same dude from carisle thats saying in that post above that they want the import worlds business now… didnt he say before that the import scene was too much trouble and we were never welcome back again…??

i dont think he realized how much popularity imports would gain… in other words— $$$.

Originally posted by BoostedITR41
hopfully the drunken idiots will be kept to a minimum so they do this every year.

who you calling drunken idiots now… :hahano:

i think hes calling pittspeed in general drunken idiots… god knows i was destroyed the first night

Activities at Norwalk in the past have included rock climbing, sound-off competitions and seminars. Many other forms of entertainment will delight auto enthusiasts of all ages at the 2004 event.

gay. Give me burnouts, a bikini contest, cheep beer, and a few good bands.

The fact that Carlisle Events is producing this show in addition to its own Carlisle Custom Compact at Harrisburg event confirms the company’s commitment to younger automotive hobbyists. “We’ve maintained our commitment to the youth audience,” John Detrick, Carlisle Events’ CEO, said. “Our future is in nurturing the next generation. They are the single largest age group to ever impact the automotive hobby. This demographic is important not only to this business, but to the overall economy.”

Dude, what a bunch of fucking douchbags. They are patting themselves on the back for “being devoted to the youth audience”. Im sure it doesnt have anything to do with the fact that they can make TONS of money off of us. lmao. If they were so devoted to us and our scene, they would have stood up for us instead of pussing out and not having the show at Carlisle anymore.

BOTTOM LINE: What made Carlisle so popular was the event back in 2001. They had camping. It was a huge fun party. You could get wasted at the show, not have to worry about driving anywhere, and get to watch everyone cruising around the campgrounds at night doing burnouts, girls flashing titties, and just general debauchery. It was great. 2002 sucked, and 2003 sucked im sure… The hotel parties are cool, but you cant really have any fun, cuz they will just kick you out if you get at all rowdy. Just my $.02

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Darkstar
gay. Give me burnouts, a bikini contest, cheep beer, and a few good

BOTTOM LINE: What made Carlisle so popular was the event back in 2001. They had camping. It was a huge fun party. You could get wasted at the show, not have to worry about driving anywhere, and get to watch everyone cruising around the campgrounds at night doing burnouts, girls flashing titties, and just general debauchery. It was great. 2002 sucked, and 2003 sucked im sure… The hotel parties are cool, but you cant really have any fun, cuz they will just kick you out if you get at all rowdy. Just my $.02

see it people like you that give imports a bad name, gettin all drunk,doing burn outs, and flashing your man boobs…man nobody wants to see your burnouts:D

Originally posted by vtecsol
see it people like you that give imports a bad name, gettin all drunk,doing burn outs, and flashing your man boobs…man nobody wants to see your burnouts:D

Yes, i like to get drunk.

Yes, i like to see girls titties

Yes, i like to watch stupid ricers try and do burnouts on tar and chipped roads, completly destroying their $5000 paint jobs.

If you werent at the campgrounds for the 2001 show, then i dont expect you to understand… you pussywhupped fagmo.

Yes, i like to watch stupid ricers try and do burnouts on tar and chipped roads, completly destroying their $5000 paint jobs.

If you werent at the campgrounds for the 2001 show, then i dont expect you to understand… you pussywhupped fagmo.
:rofl:

whoa take a joke there tommy tough tits… that big smilie thing at the end of my post means i am fucking with you… but you always wanna go to the e-fighting room…i could just bash you for being all emo

“Not to sound sappy, but i miss all of you guys a lot. You’re a great group of people. Hopefully ill be able to make it back to PA sometime during the holiday season, but if not it will probably be a while. I hope to more back up to the Burgh sometime after next summer” OMG u fucken pussy…get a life you are at the beach,go do drunk beach sluts all day…Shut the fuck up…NEXT

you both suck:booty:

Originally posted by vtecsol

“Not to sound sappy, but i miss all of you guys a lot. You’re a great group of people. Hopefully ill be able to make it back to PA sometime during the holiday season, but if not it will probably be a while. I hope to more back up to the Burgh sometime after next summer” OMG u fucken pussy…get a life you are at the beach,go do drunk beach sluts all day…Shut the fuck up…NEXT

dont you dare discrace the good name of Denis Leary like that…

oh, and thats not nearly as sappy as…oh…lets just say…

“for better or for worse…till death do us part…”

:tounge: