Cars you think will be canceled in the next 2 years.

The “S2k is dead” thread got me thinking. With the new California and friends emissions regs likely to be backdoor forced into a pseudo-national standard, as well as the 35mpg limits already on the books at a federal level, what current models do you think will be killed in the next 2 years?

I came up with as complete of a list as I could think of, fell free to cast your write in votes as well. A couple of these I thought were already dead (ex HHR, Crossfire) but were available in the new car dropdown on KBB. I stayed away from trucks because the need for them is there so chances are they’ll continue on just with a guzzler tax. Same for luxury brands and and high end sports cars.

EDIT: I wanted more, but my poll was limited to 10 options.

GTO, CTS

i hope

The Camaro, again.

DODGE VIPER! :eek:

MPD47 :wink:

Ones I dropped off the list to get to 10.

Cadillac CTS-V
Chevrolet Corvette
Chrysler Crossfire
Dodge Charger V8
Mazda MX-5
Nissan GT-R
Pontiac Soltice
Saturn Sky
Volkswagen R32

Some of those I think are safe, but if you would have told me a month ago Honda was going to kill the S2k I would have said no way, so who knows.

Ones that aren’t on my list, because they’re ALREADY DEAD

Viper
S2k
GTO

The hummer line as a whole should get the ax soon

I dont know why mazda bothers producing the RX8 anymore

Isn’t the G8 already on its way out? or was that just the GT version?

Also I think all caddies, as I think the brand will be (and should be) shut down, along with Buick and Saturn.

I don’t think the Vette will go anywhere…Of all the cars in the poll I think it has the best MPG rating.

the G8 is brand new.

And Cadillac is one of the most improved brands anywhere over the last couple years, and definitely GM’s best.

Me neither, they’ll just slap a guzzler tax on it. Still seemed like it fit on the list to vote on. To put it another way, if Kucinich was able to stick around as long as he did in the primaries, the Vette at least deserves to be on the ballot, even if it gets as few votes. :wink:

Cadillac would be the last brand to get axed

As a brand, no. The XLR and V models… I wouldn’t be so sure.

Several articles like this

that was at the peak of the gas crisis, and even then was talking about in 5 years time. with the 6 speed tranny, highway mileage is very reasonable in these. they just need to do a little with the city.

What about trailblazer SS then?

not really a car…butttttttt

Almost certainly dead.

Challenger, Camaro, and XLR

Have Challenger sales even been good? I think the Camaro sales will be similar to the Challenger.

The XLR is useless, with the Vette being offered, there is no point in wasting money of building/developing them.

The XLR and RX-8, if anything. Otherwise, I’d say none of the above.

G8 will be short lived. I think I’ve only seen one XLR on the street anyway, so kiss that goodbye too. That ghey little crossfire thing didn’t seem to find its niche, goodbye.

I doubt that this emissions standard thing will kill otherwise profitible cars, but I bet it will put the nail in the coffin of otherwise poor sellers.

Mazda doesn’t have the capacity to produce more than one rotary powered car at a time, and it’s been strongly hinted that in 2011 (opposed to the previously stated 2010)the green Furai will be released into limited production as the last generation rx7. So more than likely we’ll see the last model R3 rx8 in 2010 and then she’ll be done.

And I’ll miss how sexy the XLR looks with the top up =\

edit: is the saturn sky already dead? it’s pretty cheap and gets okay mileage so maybe it’ll survive.