Catamount Ski Resort

Is the new Jam.

Visited this mountain on Sunday and was very impressed. My original intentions were to ski jiminy, but after arriving there and not being able to find a parking spot anywhere for a fucking half mile I gave up and floored it out of there. 3rd closest mountain on my GPS was this place, so I depressed the accelerator to the floor in the Cobalt LS and followed the coordinates.

The diamonds are decent, about the same as Jiminy’s Jericho, MAYBE a little steeper. The glades weren’t bad for an intermediate mountain in NY (I didn’t get a chance to ski any trees). What impressed me the most is that I didn’t hit a single patch of ice on the entire mountain. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for overrated jiminy.

Another great incentive to ski at this place is the $25 weekdays AND night skiing they offer. Win!

I don’t plan on going to jiminy ever again unless catamount burns down/erupts. That’s how much I enjoyed skiing there, oh, and might I mention NO LINES at the lifts. Wa-hoo!

werd, its a pretty fun small mountain. there are usually a lot of downstaters there, but lately its been pretty quiet over there. they dont advertise like jiminy, hence why there are less people there.

the restaurant at the bottom, swiss hutte is so bomb :bowdown

Catamite? What?

Good stuff, I’ll have to give it a shot next time I am down there.

Jiminy is such a fucking joke nowadays. When I go to a mountain I want to put on my gear in my car and walk to the lift, not hop on a fucking shuttle and get carted to the lift area like a bunch of retarded ass sheep.

jiminy is getting crazy with the amount of people that are there. the only time i will ski there is week days and nights or week end evenings/nights when my friends there get out of work.

if you know where to park there, you can pretty much walk right up to jj’s. just gotta know where to go :ninja

havent gone boarding there yet but do the ropes course in the summer… now that shits awesome…

went once like 5 years ago and hated it, you mustve gone on a quiet night :rofl

i was planning on going to jiminy this morning then read this thread and thought id give catamount a shot…i was impressed, its def. a nice mountain for $25. there were very few people and good conditions, but alot of pushing for snowboarders

I was there today too. You might have seen me, I was wearing a backwards Siena baseball hat with Thor MX goggles, and a red coat with black snowpants.

i dont remember seeing you…i did see a kid with like a 4xl red jacket, doubt that was you though haha.

might have been tdi_logik

I ski there every year at least a few times; even weekends are reasonable. Not many good places to stay. The only place I will stay is the Silvanus Lodge. They have a website you can find from google.

W3rd.

I don’t worry about staying since it’s so close to home anyway.

Jiminy is trying to over grow their mountain. It’s okay if you have a night pass but thats about it.

Yeah definitely. The only time I will probably go to Jiminy is for twilight/night skiing.

i bought a pass for jiminy…not sure of the name but it was $50… you get one free lift ticket than everytime you go its $15 off. and every 5 times its free. its a good deal but you have to get it like 2 months before the season starts