Cayenne Turbo vs Jeep SRT8 vs RRS Supercharged vs VW Touareg V10 TDI

I like my Touareg. It’s the V8 not the V10 TDI, but It’s comfy, luxurious, makes V8 noises and does everything I need a truck/suv to do. Also, it has a heated steering wheel. Have you ever had a heated steering wheel? You should really pick which ever truck comes with this option :slight_smile:

I feel like this is a common thing people say about RR’s that just doesn’t apply anymore. It’s an outdated stereotype IMO.

It’s based on the older vehicles (before 2003) with Lucas components (bad solder connections) and suspension bags that cracked and rotted over time. The 2003+ RR’s all have much better suspension (bags are enclosed) and don’t fail nearly as much as they used to. I have over 100k on mine and the only thing that’s been replaced suspension wise was a check valve for $20. And the only electrical problem I’ve had was a drain leak onto my BT module which disrupted my fiber optic connection through the navi / sound system. The seal on the system was compromised when I went through the car wash dryers at Delta Sonic. Easy (free) fix.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

It’s very nice indeed :slight_smile:

Josh, Air conditioning.

It’s a software update that I need that my local dealership says they don’t know how to do. Nothing electrical.

Essentially the compressor cools to a certain point and is supposed to then back off a few degrees warmer so it doesn’t freeze. But mine doesn’t do this enough and on humid days I have to cycle the compressor on / off or the flow of cold air gets choked off by ice.

s/c tbss!!! You could by a nasty tbss for $30,000!

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

or just save your pennies a little longer and pick up a used X5 ///M!!! BEST OF EVERYTHING!!!

TBSS’s just suck plain and simple, SRT8s are cool, but I feel like the whole TBSS crew is going to upgrade to SRT8s soon.

What’s your basis for that? Now that both of them are all out of warranty why wouldn’t they stick with their platform with seemingly endless aftermarket options, and still actually be able to do some truck-like things, like go off-road and tow?

YES Please due tell… was it a remote start issue? I haven’t heard of any run away VW stories…

My allroad has a heated wheel OMG i didnt think it was a need to have thing, now, i know i was wrong.

I’m seeing a lot more douche bags rolling around in SRT8s lately, there is one with purple wheels that I see everyday, drives like an asshole, therefore every SRT8 owner is an asshole.

Why wouldn’t you Trade up a low 14s TBSS for a low 13s SRT8?

I remember looking at tuning my TDI a few years ago and the numbers I recall are 310/553 (stock) to 390/65x when I talked to VW OP about it.

Because a nitrous kit is a lot cheaper and put me into the low 12’s on an otherwise bone stock TBSS. And it comes stock with a hitch, not an exhaust that blocks you from getting one.

Sometimes I miss my range rover or a truck/suv in general. But 99% of the time I am SUPER glad I don’t have one.

I have a class IV hitch on mine that works great. Mopar sells a class II hitch too.

12s with a tuner. Badass trucks. I test drove a TBSS and spent $10k more on the Jeep. Nitrous is 11s and you can get a turbo kit installed and tuned for $8k and run 10s.

All personal preference. Most people will like one or the other. Go out and drive them all. See what you like. But don’t take advice from people who haven’t actually shopped for all of them. My 2007 is still under warranty, the same warranty that just bought me $1200 in front tires.

I was in a similar boat as you, with $10k more to spend, and still went Jeep. Not everyone will make that decision.

Hauls groceries like nobody’s bidness.

You’re probably right. If only I worked at a dealer that serviced them and was an ASE master tech that dealt with them constantly. If only… :slight_smile:

Yeah Josh, I have to disagree, RRs still blow.

I realllllllllly love the cayenne turbo, v10 t-reg, and rover but the little guy on my shoulder tells me you know better than to own one… It would have to be a stellar warranty and It would be a short term ownership, as the day it got close to warranty end, it would be gone.

BTW… anyone know owns the silver srt-8 jeep around here that is supercharged? (out of state plates on it, but I have seen it a couple times in the past few weeks). Sounded cool coming from an SUV.

You’d fucking offer the guy selling that set up $10,000

LOL

I don’t know of any locally that are supercharged. The silver one I know was heads cam his name is Dak. I guess he could have put a blower on it. Don’t thInk it had out of state plates though.