Draw backs on the cayenne S

ive been looking for something to POSSIBLY trade my truck in on. So ive been looking at suv’s … mainly the Range Rover 04/05 or the Cayenne S 04/05… Just wondering if anyone as any drawbacks on either… the cayenne i think can tow up to 8000lbs (pretty sure) which would be great for the winter… not sure on the Rover

Here Brett, let me help you…

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=cayenne+s+problems&btnG=Google+Search&aq=0&oq=cayenne+s+prob&fp=_rpp-4zAm3I

Besides, un-godly expensive insurance, ridiculous maintenance costs and less than average reliability…I’m sure its fine. :tup:

Bottom line, I’d get an insurance quote and make sure you get one with a factory warranty.

PS - Get a Touareg instead. Same thing.

i drove a Cayenne Turbo for a week and couldn’t wait to get back into my range rover. The interior is absolutely boring and lacked any inspiration. Yes, it feels like a car… suspension performance is nice and the Turbo’s engine performance is phenominal and quick as hell.

Styling… it’s not quite there. I love the front of it, hate the back.

Now that’s the turbo…i can’t help but think the “S” is even worse.

Range Rover Sport.

X…

When i was deciding between the Full Size Rover/Sport I loved the Sport…but didn’t like the claustrophobic feel of the front “cockpit”

My old man had one and I enjoyed driving it. Something different but not what I would want for a DD.
He test drove a turbo that had 20’s and all seasons and it was horrible in the snow. He went with the “S”.

Positives: Good exhaust note, Porsche badge
Bad: Minimalist Porsche interior design

My gf has the 04 rover and i love it, very nice interior and smooth ride at any speed. She has the normal one and not the sport, you can get the same motors in both so we like the normal one just because it is a bit bigger.

I am glad someone else brought this up, cause I have been seeing Cayennes listed on craiglist in this area well under 30k lol. It’s very tempting.

My range was nice for a while, but when gas prices go back up you’ll kick yourself… I didn’t even drive that much and i was spending 500-600 bucks a month… Not that it’s a deal-breaker but it’s annoying as hell. Just a heads up.

Lol at people thinking because a car is under 30 grand now that is still doesn’t carry the maintenance costs of a $70,000

Maintenance costs are probably the only reason I would never buy a porsche.

For the record in a year of ownership of my range rover I replaced

brake pads (60 dollars from autozone)
brake pad wear sensor (my fault for not catching it sooner… 20 dollars online)
water pump (75 dollars on ebay)
blower resistor (50 dollars online)

Not too bad, I’d say.

For me it has just been front pads/rotors. ~$300
cup holder replaced due to the wife pretty much kicking it off: $80
front wipers blades: $6

anything else has been covered under warranty and i’ve put nearly 30K miles on mine.

Cayennes are ugly and as LAFENGAS said, their interiors are meh - everything in it was sourced from a Boxster or Touareg - it seems like nothing was designed unique to that truck especially when you consider the price range and its competition.

I like the way the Range Rover Sport looks, but I could never own one because when you’re sitting in the drivers seat, you can see all of the parts they sourced from Ford staring right back at you. It’s like sitting in an Escape with its cheap looking gauges, Ford Focus mirror controls and signal stalks…

I bought an '05 Range Rover in February and love it. I could list the reasons, but all I’ll say is drive one after you’ve driven the Porsche and the Sport. Just sitting in it should sell you on it over the other two.

If you’re back in Buffalo Brett, come check mine out :tup:

details? :lol:

I like josh’s range as well… except when you are forced to follow its GPS

lol, Trenton here we come!

Agreed. I considered a Touareg and Range Rover and glanced over a couple used ones. All in all, its personal preference. I loved the Range Rover. However, I wanted to go new and didn’t want to spend the coin. Plus working for Toyota Financial I hooked myself up on an un-obtainable rate for anyone but myself on a new Toyota.

Coming from someone who can not afford either and stares when he sees them, the Land Rovers look a lot more luxurious and sporty.