The new Porsche Cayenne killer?

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5844/ferrarisuvif8.jpg

It would of been interesting if it were true lol!

i think ferrari should make a suv with a nice small v12 in it, it would be interesting

I hate SUV’s, it’s seriously pathetic that Porsche makes one, but I understand that they need the money. If Ferrari made one too, I would hate the world a good 0.4% more than I already do.

How did you get that number? 0.4%!

Can you please share the formula in which you used during your calculation to come to this conclusion?

I made it up. Didn’t you know that 74.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

Have you ever driven a nicely optioned Cayenne GTS or Turbo? They are fantastic cars, and a serious blast to drive.

Nope, and I don’t ever intend to. If at any point I can afford a Cayenne Turbo, I’ll just get a 911 Turbo and then continue to respect myself.
Making a sporty SUV is like a boxer saying “Hmm… let’s see how well I can do if I don’t use my right hand at all.” He can still probably beat me, but he’ll have the shit kicked out of him by any real boxer.

would rather have a cayenne than a g35 :wink:

And I’m sure some day you will be able to make that decision, but until then, I have to say, I would MUCH rather have a G35 than your car. And since I am able to make that decision, I do. I don’t have to hypothesize like you.

ROFLMAO!!!

Anthony WTF man… your so cruel LOL!!!

… I guess your right you can not go through one day without offending someone lol!

Anthony the truth is he has us both beat!

He is back home in Canada driving his car and enjoying it… We are overseas working, your in Asia and I’m in Europe, our cars are just sitting around collecting dust in our garages and I don’t know about you but all I drive is my motorcycle (yamaha TDM 900) or rental cars other then that I’m on trains plane and ships lol!

Hey wow we are like the International duo of SON LOL!!! The only two members at the other side of the world, that’s funny lol!

Honestly, I don’t care, but I just get really pissed when people talk shit. It was none of his business to make a comment like that, so he deserved what he got.

On topic though, I just don’t like fast SUV’s, I think they’re… stupid.
Really, why do you need an SUV? The only thing I can think of is to haul large objects that won’t fit in a car on a regular basis, or to tow something.
So let’s say this applies to you, and you have to own an SUV. Your priorities in selecting a hauling/towing vehicle should be reliability, towing capacity, probably comfort too since it’ll likely be used to haul your family/friends too occasionally, maybe some luxury and various features. Fuel economy will be a concern, since these behemoths tend to suck up quite a bit of gas.
No person in their right mind would want performance out of their tow/hauling vehicle. That’s like picking a girlfriend solely based on how well she can play basketball. It’s fucking irrelevant!
While the last Top Gear sucked, I loved that they backed me up 100% on this. Fast SUV’s are stupid and pointless. They have no use whatsoever. Get a nice, luxurious diesel powered Range Rover if you’ve got cash to burn.
Or, get a 4Runner and an S2000, you’ll be much happier than someone with a Cayenne or other “fast” SUV. Cause you’ll have two things that do their job very well, not one thing that can do two things so so.

Between this and your last post, ignorance really must be bliss. The Cayenne Turbo is MSRP $99k USD, whereas the 911 Turbo MSRP is $132k USD (I didn’t look at the Canadian site, sorry, I’m sure the price difference is even larger there knowing how they price things in the northern market). If you’re not sweating a $33k difference, good for you. Even if I had 10 mil, I’d be looking at $33k. But hey, you exclude the $33k but make a big deal over fuel economy? That’s laughable at best.

There are many many days where I don’t feel like driving my full size truck, but I have shit to haul around that won’t fit in my pedestrian 4 door saloon. So where’s the middle ground? Do I forget about comfort, speed, and build quality and drive my American truck, or do I forget about hauling shit around and go out in my German 4 door? Where is the middle ground? This is the niche that the Cayenne Turbo, X5M, Range Sport, etc fill. It’s a niche market for sure, but don’t knock the manufacturer for offering more options to their customers. I’m sure if you faced that dilemma, or had a chance to drive any of those (granted, I can’t speak for the X5M) vehicles you would understand, as Clarkson even admitted on a show (see: Entertainment) that they are brilliant for what they are. Totally bonkers, sure, but brilliant. I’d gladly own ANY of them if I had the spare change. Hell, I can honestly say one of the most enjoyable on track experiences I had was myself and another instructor showing some students around a track in a pair of Cayenne Turbos at a decent clip. They really are that fun.

im sorry, i have driven many g35s and they offer as much excitement as a stock 240sx

Pants - Then you don’t know how to drive. A G35C and 350Z are identical in almost every way. The differences are a slightly higher curb weight and a 6" longer wheelbase. I test drove both extensively when I bought mine, and my best friend has a 350Z, and we’ve often raced, switched and raced again. Feel wise, the 350Z is a bit twitchier and more willing to turn in. After I got my coilovers and alignment, my car mops the floor with his (his is stock) while being more comfortable.
Don’t blame the car for your lack of skill.

MPD - Yes, you forget about comfort, speed and build quality when shit needs to be hauled. Why is that such a difficult thing to do? Your american truck is better at hauling, and your M5 sedan is sportier and more comfortable. Why insist on a one size fits all? Just use the right tool for the job.

Just one question here… Why are you on this site if your bashing 240’s saying a G35(lol) is better?.. a 240 with the same amount spent on it as you paid for your G35 the 240 would fucking rape it.

One question back at you, are you literate?
He said stock. Stock vs stock, there’s hardly any sporty-ish car made in the 21st century that won’t wail on a 240sx. I should know, I owned one, this is why we put mods on them.
The point is that they’re light, RWD, and can fit big ass tires. Unfortunately their suspension is also soft as fuck (coilovers), the chassis is sloppy (cage) and the stock footwork leaves a lot to be desired (wide ass wheels with r-comps). Now you made a 240 with barely anything beat most modern cars that are a good 5-10 times the price. But WITHOUT those three things. Hell no, Civic, Integra, Celica, you name it, it’s better. I’m honest with myself, you should be too.

We buy 240’s because they CAN be very good with a little bit of money, but don’t lie to yourself that they’re any good stock.

What I want to know, why the fuck do all of you bitches have your panties in a bunch about my car? Did I bring it into this, or did Pants? I never mention my car, I never talk about it, I never compare it to other cars. It’s my car and I can keep my fucking mouth shut about it so why the fuck can’t any of you? Does it bother you that much that I have it? Are you THAT fucking jealous? Just STFU and leave it alone, you have no reason to bring it up ever.
Seriously, just drop it, I don’t care to argue about it. I have it because I wanted to have it. It’s none of your fucking business, and it has nothing to do with the topic we’re discussing.

No1 is gettin their panties in a bunch except for maybe you. You still did’nt answer my question why are you here if you dont own a 240sx are’nt a vendor and hate when people have a debate with you? Also no one asked you why you drive G35 so I dunno what the fuck your talking about and by the way cussing and acting like your tough on the internet does not mean shit… believe me no1 wants to read that BS. Oh yea and stock 240 is not that great, but thats not what enthusiasts do. They buy a car and build it to what they want it to be they dont leave it stock and pretend their cool as shit because they own a 240… No1 here is saying stock for stock 240 rapes all but with equal amount spent on one car and equal amount spent on a 240 the 240 in most cases would win…

Okay, for the love of god, can you please just start reading? Just cut me some slack, and read, allrite? I’m not going to “cuss” or “hate” or “act tough on the internet”. I’ll answer your questions one by one, but in return, you have to grow up.
I am on here because I had a 240, I know many people on this site, and there’s a good chance that I’ll have one again.

Why do I hate when people have a debate with me? I don’t, I have no problem with MPD, or anything that he has to say. I am having a debate with him.
I have a problem, with Pants’ smart ass comment. I don’t like people that talk shit, and throw in their smart ass little comments. That pisses me off. It’s uncalled for, doesn’t add to the conversation, and is just there to start a fight.
I also don’t like your comment, but mostly because you don’t know what you’re talking about, and you didn’t read what I said.

I always have, and still believe that a 240 is the best bang for your buck if you want to go fast on some sort of track with corners. If you READ what I said, you wouldn’t repeat exactly what I said, in an attempt to argue against me, and piss me off, and look like an idiot.

And Pants was saying that a stock 240 is just as exciting to drive as a stock G35. And he’s an idiot, and I called him out on it. That was it, now please, can all of you that have nothing to say about fast SUV, get the fuck out of the thread? I swear to god, the next time I buy a car, I’m not telling anyone what it is, or driving it to a meet, I’ll take the fucking bus or get a buddy to drop me off. You fuckers are so immature and jealous, it blows my mind.

Not jealous but sure… Oh yea and I read what you wrote it just pissed me off thats why I started answering back dont try to make people look like little bitches. If you did not cuss in any of that or did’nt write like your of higher class or something I would not have wrote back, I would of let it be because its your opinion and everyone is entitled to one. When you start saying you bitches this and that I dunno I just dont get a joy of some1 calling me a bitch, but if it wasn’t towards me than good day.

Okay, I understand and respect that, but do you understand and hopefully respect why I was pissed at you to begin with? It was because you came out of nowhere, and took a stab at me.
My first thought was, who is this guy? What’s his problem? Why is he talking shit?
Isn’t that a perfectly normal reaction for me to have?

Honestly, I don’t know if people are jealous, and quite frankly, I hope they’re not, because it is annoying dealing with jealous people. The reason I mention it, is because what I drive gets mentioned a lot around here.
I don’t think I’m hot shit because of what I drive. If I did, I’d mention my car. Everyone else has pics of their car, stuff about their car in their signatures, I used to have that too, but I took it down, because people really seem to get bothered by what I drive.
I don’t want people to be bothered by it, so I removed it from everywhere that it can be seen. It’s not in my AV, it’s not my sig, and I never talk about it.

The one thing people can’t seem to get, is that I am an opinionated asshole. I was an opinionated asshole when I drove an '87 Celica, I stayed one when I bought my 240, when I sold it, when I bought the G. If I sell it and rely on my white Nike’s, I’m still gonna be an opinionated asshole. If I do well and get a 911 Turbo (because I still think Cayenne’s are gay :D), I’m gonna be an opinionated asshole.

So for the last time, and I hope everyone remembers this statement:
I don’t think I’m hot shit because I drive a insertwhateveri’mdrivingnow
I just have a lot of very strong opinions, that’s all. If you want to argue with me, argue with me, don’t bring up random side topics, or talk about my car, my career, my friends, whatever else. Just the topic, and we’ll all get along for ever and ever. We may even get married and have kids.